S2 Ch7 | We The People

Why, hey there! We haven't talked to each other in a while, have we? Nope. Well, actually... Let's not worry about all that. Why don't I open the book again and give you another chill episode?

SO! Kick your feet up, maybe make yourself a snack, and uh put on some tunes— preferably nothing Blink-182 related but, I'm not here to uh... "Hitler over your playlist," as some would say.

*hehem* where were we?... AH! That's right. An early Sunday morning, just a day after the previous chapter.

Quick recap before we start: Caleb's in the hospital with Iris after she endured domestic-related injuries

Peter's relationship with Marcy is developing faster than ever

Mayan is becoming more in tune with his social life.

6:00 am

Dorm number 216, In Peter's room, he finds himself being forced awake by the loud bellowing of his alarm clock. With his eyes opened, he slams his hand on it, hitting the snooze.

Peter wipes his eyes, groaning, "Ugh!... Another hangover." Unfortunately, his head only seemed to beat like a drum, an aggravating migraine that only drew louder with every breath he took.

As he attempted to get off the bed, he felt some weight holding him down. There was a confused look on his face as he pressed his hands against the cover, feeling an object underneath.

"The fuck?" Peter utters quietly, slowly peeling the blanket back to reveal a girl.

But not just any girl, obviously our good friend Marceline; her body laid against his, both of them almost completely naked in the bed. He slowly rubs her face with his hand, flicking the strands of soft curls away from Marcy's face.

A relieved sigh leaves his mouth as Peter looks at the ceiling, mouthing, "Thank you."

Marcy's eyes slowly opened, and there were no words exchanged, just their gazes and the two of them stayed there in silence, eventually smiling at each other from ear to ear.

"Good morning," she'd groan, holding her forehead. "This is really awkward, right?"

Peter's eyes widened, a little shocked by her entire demeanor. "Uh, Yeah — kinda."

Then, the room fell silent again, causing them to burst out in shared laughter.

It was strange — sharing a bed with someone they only remember having a few drinks with the night before. Then again, they both had a bit of a thing for the other.

Marcy seemingly slithered out of the cover, getting inches away from Peter's face. "Did we... like... do stuff, yesterday?" She asked him gently.

Peter shook his head in confusion. "What stuff?"

"Sex stuff," she answered.

His eyes dart down at her breasts, which were spread along his torso, Peter swore he could almost feel her heart beating. "I don't know...  Why?"

"Just wondering..."

After that, Marcy let out a deep breath, staring at him as she mustered the courage to lean her face forward — lips comically puckered.

"Uh, what are you doing?" He laughed.

"Shut up!" The girl whined, punching Peter in the shoulder. "I was doing a thing, stupid."

"Aye! Who are you calling stupid?"

"You!" Marcy jeered.

Peter rolls on top of her, tickling her sides. "Take it back."