Chapter 15.

"Why?" Zhan asked, although he didn't want to hear the reason, he was angry really angry at his cruel, heartless bitch who dared to lay a hand on Yibo.

Yibo spoke, "she... she doesn't really like me... and it was my fault..."

"How was it your fault?" Zhan interrupted, "What did you do?"

Yibo gulped as he narrated the previous night's incident, and it was getting harder and harder for Zhan to keep it together, before he asked again, "Tell me has she done this before?"

Yibo nodded.

"And did you talk about this to someone?"

Yibo shook his head, "It must have been my fault for coming in front of her."

"God!" Zhan said in a louder voice, which made Yibo flinch, and Zhan immediately regretted seeing that. He composed himself before he decided that there were a lot of things that he needed to talk about and figure out with Yibo and there were a lot of things that he needed to do.

So, he smiled and said, "Let's go and have something to eat. I will talk to you later."

After that, Zhan took Yibo back to the table, and they started to eat their lunch. And one thing was sure Yibo really enjoyed the food that was served.

"Do you like it?"

"I loved it," Yibo said.

Zhan smiled as he quietly ate his lunch as well, While a lot of things were going on in his mind, he occasionally glanced at Yibo and saw the innocence on his face. He clenched his other fist.

"Yibo, would you come with me somewhere? There is something that I want to show you."

Yibo looked at him and asked, "Right now?"

Zhan nodded, "Yes, why don't you take the rest of the day off?"

Yibo thought about it before he said, "I don't think that I would be allowed to. My manager would not let me."

"Call him and ask him," Zhan said and he could see that Yibo was uncomfortable in doing so, but he still took out his phone and called Callum, Zhan asked him to keep his phone on speaker.

"What?!" Callum answered rudely, and Yibo asked, "Can... I take the rest of the day off?"

"What?! Why? Who is going to do the work, huh? Are you some kind of prince or what? Huh! You still haven't given me my reports when are you going to give me that? You lazy idiot!"

Yibo looked at Zhan and then said again, "I have to go somewhere with a friend of mine."

"To mental asylum or what? Because that's the only place where you belong, and which friend are you talking about? Someone retarded and idiot like you?"

At this point, Zhan took the phone and said, "Yes, Mr. Callum, I am that retard and idiot friend that wants Yibo to come with me, I guess that's a problem because then you would have to do your own work yourself right?"

Callum went silent on the other side, before he said, "Mr. Xiao?"

"Yes, I didn't know that you thought about me like that. Guess someone as esteemed as you and your company should not do business with me. I am going to inform Mr. Steve."

Zhan then disconnected the call and took the recording from Yibo's phone to his phone. He then sent that to Steve and said the same thing he said to Callum before he kept his phone back in his pocket and asked Yibo to follow him.

Yibo then followed him and sat in the car with him. he looked at Zhan and didn't see any anger, but he still asked, "Are you angry?"

"Yes. Because you did not say anything to him." Zhan said and then became quiet, which made Yibo feel rather bad.

During the ride, his phone rang and he knew that it was from Steve but he couldn't be bothered right now.

Once Zhan reached his destination, he got down, and so did Yibo.

Yibo looked at the huge building in front of him and was in awe before Zhan said, "Come in."

Zhan then walked inside, and Yibo followed him, trying to keep up with Zhan, he could sense that Yibo was angry, and although Zhan hadn't scolded him, yelled at him, or said anything rude, he could still sense that Zhan was mad. And he absolutely hated that.

He felt his stomach churn and his heart drop when he thought that maybe Zhan would become just like others and then leave him. He felt absolutely horrible. And the thought nearly drove him to tears.

He suddenly bumped into something, and he looked up and saw that he bumped against Zhan's back because Zhan had suddenly stopped.

Zhan turned back and looked at Yibo, but he did not smile he just said, "Be careful, when you are walking."

Yibo nodded, before Zhan looked to his side and so did Yibo, "Come with me." He then opened the door and walked inside, and Yibo followed.

As Yibo looked around, he was finally mesmerized and was in awe of the place, this place was beautiful, it was amazing!

Zhan saw the curiosity in Yibo's eyes and he knew that the latter was impressed, before Zhan said, "Yibo, this is the tech department of my company. Our company is constantly working on new technologies, and artificial intelligence and we are even open to creating new software, we are always trying to do something innovative. We actively encourage research as well.

We are always looking for new talents and highly skilled people, and I think you are one of them, let me give you a tour of this place." Zhan said as he walked around, and he was often greeted by the employees.

Zhan told Yibo a lot of things about his company and the tech department, and to say that Yibo was impressed would be an understatement. He fell in love with this place. So much so that there was a noticeable smile on his face, and his eyes sparkled.

"So Yibo." Zhan said, "Do you like this place?"

"I love this place; it's beautiful. you guys have such advanced technology and resources and the research team and the subjects that you guys are researching are so interesting! This is amazing."

"I am glad you liked that." Zhan said, "No, onto the main topic, would you like to work here."

"Can I?"

"Yes."

"I want to." Yibo said quickly, "I really want to work here Zhan!"

Zhan finally smiled at him and then asked Yibo to follow him, Yibo did that, and soon Zhan took him to another office and said, "This is my office, have a seat."

Now that Yibo knew that this was Zhan's office, he finally had the curiosity to look around and saw so many books, "You are a reader?"

"Yes, I love reading."

"Me too." Yibo said, "Can I see your collection."

"You can, but later, right now, there is something else that I want you to do," Zhan said that and placed a pen and paper before Yibo.

Yibo looked at the pen paper and then looked at Zhan, who said, "I hope you know how to write a resignation letter."