Chapter 24.

"I plan to meet my dad, and tell him about everything," Yibo said.

"Then, after Saturday's shift ends, you will directly go to your dad's place?"

"Yes." Yibo said, "I want to meet him, it's been a while."

"Okay." Zhan said as he hugged Yibo, "Tell your father about me as well, and everything that I said as well. Also, about the fact that I love you,. Don't hide anything from him, okay?"

Yibo looked at Zhan who smiled, "okay?"

"Okay," Yibo replied.

"You know what? Let me drop you at his house."

"I can go-"

"I know you can, but I want to drive you there on my own. Please." Zhan said, and there was just something about this man that compelled Yibo to not say no, so he nodded, and Zhan seemed overjoyed.

After a few seconds, he let Yibo go, and surprisingly, Yibo didn't want to leave Zhan's presence and his warm hug, but he had to go, so he reluctantly got up and gave Zhan a glance before he left the office while Zhan leaned back on his chair and sighed.

"Patience... Patience is what I need."

Saturday came soon, and Yibo's work lasted longer than he had expected, but after he was done, he packed his stuff and walked toward Zhan's office. He looked forward to meeting him and spending time with him and on his way to Zhan's office, he nearly bumped into Zhan.

"Hey, what's the rush." It was Marius.

"Hi, Marius, good morning." Yibo greeted.

"Good morning. Yibo how have you been? Do you enjoy working here?"

"Of course I do. This place is actually great, and the work environment is also positive."

"It's good to hear that. Were you going to see my brother?"

"Yes, he said that he was going to drop at my dad's place."

Marius raised a brow before he smirked, "Oh I see." He then kept his hand around Yibo's shoulder and said, "Tell me Yibo, what do you think about my brother?"

"He is a good person."

"Just a 'good' person?"

"He is a very good person, and he is very kind to him, he is gentle, calm, and intelligent, and he is also handsome."

Marius smiled as he nodded, "Well, you are right about that, so do you think that he will be a good boyfriend?"

Yibo looked at Marius, who asked, "I mean, if he is so good, then do you think that he will be a good boyfriend or husband?"

Yibo imagined Zhan being someone else's boyfriend or husband, and he suddenly felt like someone had punched him in the gut. He didn't know why there was a sinking feeling, and his face was covered with a frown.

"Yibo... you did not answer."

"Yes. I think he would be a perfect partner." Yibo replied.

Before Marius could say something, Zhan came over there and immediately grabbed Marius's hand and removed it from Yibo's shoulder before he asked, "What's going on?"

Marius rolled his eyes and yanked his hand back before he said, "Nothing; he and I were just talking... right, Yibo."

"Yes."

Marius spoke, "We are like family dear. Aren't we brother?. Yibo and I will get along really well, right?"

Zhan shook his head. Suddenly,  Ziyi came there, and she paused to greet Zhan and Yibo however when she saw Marius, the looked at each other before she walked away after rolling her eyes.

Marius scoffed as well and Zhan sighed, "You guys still haven't patched up?"

"There is nothing to patch up! I am not talking to her anymore."

"She is your childhood friend; you are really going to break your friendship?" Zhan asked and Marius rolled his eyes, "It's her fault! She is the one who does not care about me."

Zhan smiled, "you two are much more suited to be a married couple."

"What? Ew. Shut up, never say that again."

"Fine, then maybe I should introduce her to new people, you know our client, Mr. Smith, seems interested in her."

Marius clenched his fists as he looked at Zhan angrily, "Do whatever you want! Bastard." With that, he walked away.

"Let's go." Zhan said to Yibo.

Once they reached their car, Yibo asked, "Why Ziyi and Marius are mad at each other?"

Zhan smiled and said, "Well those two just worry about each other too much."

"Then shouldn't they be close to each other?"

"They are very close to each other and know each other better than anyone, Ziyi is an adventurer, and so is my brother. Before coming to Nolani my brother got into a fight with someone and got hurt, and that made Ziyi mad because she does not like it when Marius gets hurt and he never listens, so she is angry with him."

"Oh. The Marius should try to talk to her."

"My brother is mad at Ziyi as well."

"Why?"

"Because she rejected him when he asked him to be his girlfriend but gets jealous every time, she sees him with someone else. And my brother does not want to be just friends with her anymore, but she is also unintentionally getting in his way of moving on."

"Oh. Then what will happen next."

"That's up to them."

"They would look good together."

"Yes. They would." Zhan said before he added, "Just like us."

Yibo said nothing, but his face turned slightly red. He was suddenly reminded when Marius asked him about Zhan being someone's boyfriend, and Yibo imagined Zhan to be his lover.

And it was really the most beautiful thing that he had ever imagined.

"We are here." Zhan said as he stopped the car, and Yibo finally looked out of the car and saw his father's house, He thanked Zhan before he got out of the car, and Zhan got out of the car as well, "Well, I have come this far, so I might as well greet him, what do you say."

Yibo smiled and said, "Sure, my father would love to meet you."

"Yibo." Yibo turned around when he heard his father's voice, and he immediately ran to hug his old man, "dad."

Kevin hugged him back and patted his head, "My boy, how have you been."

"I am good."

Kevin then looked at Zhan and asked, "Who's this."

Zhan went forward and stood before Kevin before he extended his hand, "My name is Xiao Zhan, and I am Yibo's boss."