Chapter 40.

There was silence, Zhan was ready to get in his car and get to Tina's apartment however Marius has to physically restrain him, "Stop it Zhan come to your senses!"

Yibo's father stepped back and went back inside his house, straight to Yibo's room.

Simon kept his hand over Zhan's shoulder as well and said, "You can't possibly think of assaulting a woman, it's not going to end up well, she is his wife! And they are not divorced yet."

Zhan looked at Simon, "she is an abuser, a manipulative bitch, and now a rapist."

"I know." Simon said, "But we should not do anything in a rush."

"Are you saying that I should do nothing!" Zhan said.

Marius said, "It's not like we can report her, what she did is not considered a crime at all, a man can't be raped. And she is his wife; they just spent a night together; that's how it is. Marital rape is not even a crime, forget about the marital rape of a man."

(*An: In some countries, marital rape is not a crime)

Zhan closed his eyes and clenched his fist, "Bullshit! This is bullsh*t! This is so unfair!"

The three stood in silence for some time, before Simon said, "We can still go after her, I mean, there are other ways to deal with her. Zhan, please calm down. We need to think this through."

"You should go to Yibo." Marius said, "he needs you more."

Zhan just stood there quietly, "I..." suddenly his phone rang, and it was his father calling him. he looked at his phone and sighed, before answering the call, "Hello."

Zhan's father asked, "Is everything okay?"

Zhan sat on the stairs and said, "Dad, everything is a mess. I... I don't know what to do."

"What happened?" his father asked calmly, Zhan's father was always the person Zhan went to when his mind was a mess, his father who was always calm and rational, always managed to calm him down and made him relax. His father had this magic effect, where Zhan felt that no problem was big.

Zhan told his father everything and asked, "What should I say to comfort him? Dad, I don't make him feel like I blame him, victim blaming is a disgusting thing and I am not doing that, but I am a little angry as well, that he compromised his safety.

What if she gave him lethal drugs? What if she had invited someone else? What if she had asked his step-brother and others to gang up on him? There are so many scenarios running in my mind, so many things could have happened and I would not have found out, I am still very late.

I promised him that I would protect him but I wasn't able to."

"Zhan enough." His dad said, "You are not a victim here, Yibo is, go to him and comfort him, keep your thoughts to yourself and away from him. All of this can be discussed later, I know you are angry and it must be hard for you to control yourself but this isn't about you, it's about Yibo go to him, he needs you the most right now."

"You are right Dad; he must have misunderstood... fuck I am such an idiot I will go to him."

"Yes, right now."

"Yes, dad."

~~

Yibo was sitting on his bed with his head in his hand.

His mind was a mess and so were his senses, he felt so guilty and regretful that it was killing him, he made Zhan angry, the person who always smiled at him and was always gentle with him was full of rage today and it was all because of him.

Others were right, they were all right, that he was an idiot, a retard, a fool, and being with him only bring hardship. No wonder Tina hated him so much, he is an idiot after all and now he was sure that even Zhan hated him.

His mother and everyone else hated him for the right reasons. Tears slipped from his eyes as he silently sobbed, everything was ruined and it sucked. He wanted to save himself for Zhan, but virginity never really mattered to him until Zhan came along. He wanted to be sober for that act and wanted his consent to be involved.

He was a person who was not really interested in anything sexual but that changed after he met with Zhan.

Zhan was right, why was he so careless? Why did he have to go to her, why did he trust her! He hated himself right now.

While he was thinking of everything, the door of his room suddenly opened, and he felt someone come into the room.

He was not in the mood to even look up, he just sat in his place, the person who entered the room came and sat beside him, and he didn't have to look up to know that it was Zhan.

Yibo wanted to cry harder but he controlled himself and took a deep breath as he gathered himself and with immense courage managed to say, "Zhan...I know you are angry... I am sorry... I know I am a fool and an idiot; I know I messed up; you must hate me right now; you must feel that I am a burden.

I am sorry. I don't understand people's emotions very well, so if you are done with me and want me to never bother you again then just say it." Yibo's voice broke in the end, and he said, "But please even if you are angry, please don't hate me, I beg you... I don't want you to behave like others, I can't tolerate that.

Zhan wrapped his arms around Yibo and hugged him tightly and Yibo hugged him back as If his life depended on it, Zhan finally used his hand to grab Yibo's face and make him look at him.

Zhan was not smiling, he looked cold and stern as he said, in a cold voice, "let me make this clear, it's not your fucking fault, never ever blame yourself Yibo. You have done nothing wrong; you have nothing to be ashamed of, that bitch should be the one feeling guilty and regretful and should be crying not you.

The one I am angry at is her, not you, never you. And me hating you? For this reason? Is that what you think of me?

I am not that disgusting who will hate an innocent person, never ever. Baby cheeks if you give me a cup of poison right now, I will drink it without questioning and still won't hate you. I am sorry for behaving like that, I just got angry at her. I should have hugged you first."

Zhan gently wiped his tears and Yibo spoke, "You are really not angry at me?"

Zhan spoke, "I was a little, but it was because I was worried about your safety. She could have given you poison, or some other lethal drugs and could have done much more. All of that was running in my mind; that's why I got scared. We should get you checked first."

Yibo hugged him tighter and said, "I don't want to go anywhere, I just want to stay with you. You really don't care that I slept with-"

"It's called rape." Zhan spoke, "You did not sleep with her she forced you, your consent was not involved."

Yibo spoke, "Men don't-"

"They do get raped" Zhan spoke.

Yibo spoke, "you are really not angry with me?"

"No."

"You don't hate me?"

"No."

"So, you are not leaving me, right?"

"Never," Zhan said.

"Promise?"

"Promise."