Chapter 28.

I highly, highly recommend listening to the song "wanna be yours" while reading this chapter

"I will take my leave then." Zhan said as he looked at Yibo and his father, they exchanged some pleasantries and turned to leave.

Once he sat in his car, he gave one last look to Yibo and smiled before he drove off.

There were many things that he had learned today, the thing that he learned about Yibo was not something that shocked him, he had already assumed that. However, what made him extremely angry was these people taking advantage of Yibo like this.

This was absolutely wrong. There were many things that he could do to wipe these people out, but what stopped him was Yibo. In the end, Yibo was a grown man, his father couldn't interfere a lot in his life, and Zhan... well he was nothing more than a friend.

If only Yibo were on his side then he would shield him from everything. Only he knew how badly he wanted to get rid of Tina, however, if he did something to her right now, then Yibo would naturally have to go to her, to look after her since she was his wife, and once again, he would be stuck with those kinds of people.

Although Zhan had talked to Yibo's father and asked for his help, he knew that he would have to do something for him soon.

~~

The weather was cold, as it was raining outside at night.

While Yibo lay awake on his bed and stared at the ceiling, his mind was being swarmed with too many thoughts, and all of those thoughts involved a certain someone.

Yibo had no idea why Yibo felt so weird in his stomach whenever he thought about Zhan, even his heart skipped a beat and he thought that he might be sick, so he picked his phone and searched on the internet.

"Butterflies...." He mumbled as he read the articles, so this is what it feels like to get butterflies in the stomach, and then Yibo saw the reason why it happens.

"Love." He said as he read through the article, and unconsciously, a smile crept on his face. He didn't even know that he was smiling while reading the article as images of Zhan invaded his mind.

Zhan's smiling face, his cold face, his angry face, his calm face Zhan always looked handsome, like royalty. His manners, his habits, Yibo admired everything about him. And he didn't even realize that his mind was filled with Zhan.

He suddenly sat on the bed and kept his hand over his chest as he thought about various interactions with Zhan and how each time, he felt so comfortable around Zhan.

Even when Zhan asked him to remove his shirt, even then Yibo didn't feel uncomfortable, when Zhan had made him sit on his lap, even then Yibo did not feel threatened. If anything, he enjoyed being close to Zhan, he enjoyed being touched by Zhan.

When Zhan smiled at him, he loved the feeling that Zhan smiled for him, he loved how gentle and caring Zhan was with him, how Zhan appreciated him; how he praised him, and above he felt so happy that Zhan loved him.

But then what about him?

Yibo remembered the question that Marius had asked him about Zhan being a husband or a boyfriend, and now that Yibo thought about it, he did not like to think of Zhan smiling at someone else, he also didn't like when he thought about Zhan treating anyone else the same way he treats Yibo.

After all, Zhan loved him. But Yibo was married, wasn't that unfair to Zhan?

Yibo suddenly got out of bed and thought about various other things before he ran out of his room.

~~

Zhan was peacefully sleeping when his phone rang. At first, he ignored it since he was enjoying his peaceful sleep, and was busy dreaming about his baby cheeks, however, when the phone was ringing non-stop he answered it finally.

"What!"

"Zhan."

As soon as he heard Zhan hear Yibo's voice, his sleep vanished as his eyes widened, and he sat straight on the bed and said, "Yibo? What happened? Are you okay? Why are you calling so late at night."

"I am fine, are you at home?"

"Yes, why?"

"Are you busy? Did I disturb you..."

"Baby cheeks, what is it?"

"Can you come out?" Zhan blinked before he got out of bed. "You are outside of my house?"

"Yes."

Zhan looked outside and saw the heavy rain and he immediately rushed outside with an umbrella in his hand, Zhan practically ran and once he saw Yibo outside the gates of his mansion drenched in rain, he became flustered, normally he was a cool-headed person and rarely lost his calm but whenever it came to Yibo, Zhan always lost his reasoning.

"Yibo! What the hell, why are you standing in the rain? Look, you got all-" before Zhan could complete his sentence Yibo ran to him and hugged him, Zhan was surprised when Yibo said, "I am sorry, that I came here unannounced and disturbed your sleep, I am sorry I wet your clothes, but I had to say something and I couldn't wait."

Yibo broke the hug and smiled, "I didn't want to say it on the phone or message, I wanted to see you and say it."

Zhan once again forgot what he wanted to say, he wanted to scold Yibo but when he saw the damn smile, he just couldn't bring himself to be angry at his baby cheeks.

His anger, his worries, and his anxiety were all gone once he stood near his Yibo.

"Zhan... I did some research, and now I get it... I get what it means to feel butterflies in my stomach, I felt them when I was with you, even when I hugged you, I felt them.

My heart becomes abnormal when I am with you, When I am with you, I feel so happy, content, safe, and loved.

You are always in my mind, you even invade my dreams now. You made my life so much better by just showing kindness.

I feel really loved." Yibo said as he looked at Zhan, "you know, after my dad, you are the first person who has said that he loves me, who cares about me, who remembered my likes and dislikes, who got angry for me.

You came into my life as a threat, then you became my friend, and now thief."

"Thief?" Zhan asked.

Yibo smiled as he raised his hand and pinched Zhan's cheek, "You stole my heart as well." Yibo then raised his other hand and pinched Zhan's other cheek before he smiled brightly, his eyes shining and his face brightening. "I love you, Zhan. I love you so much."

Zhan felt his heart stop, his blood freeze, and time stop, when he heard those magical words from Yibo's mouth, he suddenly snaked his arm around Yibo's waist and said, "Say that again."

"I love you."

Zhan leaned closer to Yibo, and smiled, "Once again."

"I love you."

Zhan came closer, "one more time."

"I love you." Yibo spoke as he tried to move back, but Zhan didn't let him as he came closer and closer till their lips almost touched, and Zhan whispered, "One more time, baby cheeks."

Zhan smirked as he, "This is the best gift of my life." He said before he smashed his lips against Yibo's.

I wanted to share this chapter as soon as possible, hence the double update, and since all the written chapters are published updates might get slow!