Chapter 25.

"Xiao Zhan?" Yibo's father said this as he raised his hand for a handshake.

Zhan shook his hand and said, "I am also Yibo's friend."

Kevin raised an eyebrow as he looked at Yibo and then at Zhan, "Friend, you say?"

Yibo smiled and said, "Yes, Dad. I met him in Nolani, we were stuck because of the earthquake, and he was the one who brought me back on his private chopper."

Zhan smiled and said, "He missed the part where he saved my life when I was stuck under the rubble after the building, we were in collapsed and if it wasn't for your son, then I wouldn't have been here. I am going to be grateful to him for my entire life."

Kevin smiled when he heard those sincere words, "Please come in."

As the three walked inside Kevin's house, Zhan looked around, while Kevin went to the kitchen to make some tea.

Zhan looked at the photos hung on the wall, and smiled as he saw the young Yibo with his father, "You look cute." He said this as she stared at the photos.

Yibo smiled as he looked at them as well. Zhan noticed that Yibo looked so happy when he was with his dad. The photos were of various occasions, like graduation, birthdays, and some competitions, and in all of them, it was just the father and the son.

Zhan looked at Yibo and said, "You know your smile is still the same."

Yibo looked at him and said, "Really?"

"Cute as ever," Zhan said as he pinched his cheek gently.

Yibo laughed as he held Zhan's hand and said, "Why do you always pinch my cheeks?"

"Because I can't help it." Zhan said as he raised his other hand to pinch his cheek, but Yibo grabbed his other hand as well and laughed, "Stop it."

"Please, just one more time," Zhan whined.

"No." Yibo refused.

"Baby cheeks, please."

"Nope."

Zhan sighed, "You are so stubborn."

The two laughed but were suddenly interrupted when they heard a cough sound. They looked at Kevin, who was already back with some snacks and tea. He placed them on the table and said, "Please have a seat, Mr. Xiao."

"Sure." Zhan said as he sat down while Kevin talked to Yibo, "How is your work going?"

Yibo smiled and said, "Dad, I have started working at the Xiao Corporation."

"What? You left your mother's company?"

"Yes," Yibo said with a smile and then proceeded to tell his father about how Zhan took him to his office and showed him around and how he admired the place and gave in his resignation.

"All the people at my new workplace are great, Ziyi, A-xiang, Zhehan. And Zhan's brothers are all so kind and welcoming. Ziyi is also my neighbor, and A-Xiang is skilled in computer languages."

When Kevin saw Yibo talking about his work so happily and enthusiastically, he was overjoyed, in the past, Yibo didn't like to talk about his work, whenever Kevin asked how the work was, he would just say 'Fine' and then stop talking. But right now, he looked so relaxed and happy.

Other than that, Kevin also noticed something else, he noticed how Zhan looked at Yibo. He noticed how the man stared at Yibo with those gentle and loving eyes as if he were looking at something mesmerizing.

 Yibo looked so comfortable around him, it's been a while since Kevin had seen Yibo talk so openly in front of someone else.

Kevin had seen how happy Yibo looked when he was talking to Zhan earlier. Kevin smiled, as he was happy that his son had finally found some good people around him.