Chapter Eleven - Unforgivable

"I think it's time you go to bed, little angel; you've had quite an eventful day," Crowley says while brushing a piece of blonde hair from Alexandria's face. She closes her eyes, enjoying Crowley's close proximity to her; she leans her head against his chest and inhales his scent. Her actions amuse Crowley, and he has a soft smile on his face. He uses his hand to guide her face away from his chest so that he can look into her eyes.

Alexandria opens her eyes, but they are beginning to droop again. "Please tell me you're not going back to your apartment. It's past 4:00 am. Will you stay here for the night in the extra guest room, please? I don't want anything to happen to you. And I know Aziraphale wouldn't mind either," Alexandria says bashfully.

Crowley's heart softens at Alexandria's words, touched by her concern for his well-being. He gazes into her eyes, his own expression reflecting a mixture of warmth and gratitude.

"You're right; it is rather late," Crowley replies, his voice gentle. "And I wouldn't dream of causing you distress at this late hour."

With a reassuring smile, he places a hand on Alexandria's shoulder, offering her silent comfort and support. "I'll gladly take you up on that offer, little angel," he says, his tone infused with sincerity. "Thank you for looking out for me."

"Of course, Crowley, I'll always look out for you. You have my word as an angel," Alexandria smiles at Crowley and grabs his hand, leading him toward the kitchen door so they can make their way to the bookshop stairs and climb up to the second floor, where all the bedrooms are located. Alexandria begins to sway a little from being drowsy. Crowley looks at her state of being with concern in their eyes, not knowing if he should let her walk up the stairs or if he should carry her up. Alexandria stumbles into a bookshelf, and this confirms Crowley's decision. Crowley decides to throw all reason to hell. He scoops her up in his arms. Causing her to let out a tired little giggle.

"What are you doing, you silly demon," said Alexandria, leaning her head against Crowley's chest.

"I am not letting you climb up the stairs in your condition. I don't need you falling down them and breaking something. Aziraphale would never let me hear the end of it. And besides, I don't think we need a repeat of what happened in the corridor. If you fall on me again, I might be unable to control myself," Crowley says with a devilish smirk on his face as he looks down at Alexandria.

Crowley carries Alexandria up the stairs; she can't help but feel a sense of warmth and security enveloping her. Despite her drowsiness, a soft smile graces her lips at Crowley's playful banter, his words laced with a mixture of concern and mischief.

"Oh, I suppose I should be grateful for the rescue, then," Alexandria replies, her voice tinged with amusement. She leans into Crowley's embrace, feeling the steady rhythm of his heartbeat against her cheek.

As they reach the top of the stairs, Crowley gently sets Alexandria down, his hands lingering for a moment before releasing her. She meets his gaze, her eyes shining with affection and gratitude.

"Thank you, Crowley," she says softly, her voice filled with warmth. "For everything."

Crowley offers her a warm smile in return, his eyes softening with genuine fondness. "Anytime, little angel," he replies, his tone gentle. "Now, let's get you settled in for the night."

With that, they go down the hallway to their respectable bedrooms. The guest bedroom is right in front of Alexandria's room. They stop outside both bedroom doors. "Well, I think this is our stop," Alexandria jokes to Crowley.

"Remember you don't have a restroom in your room. So you will have to use my restroom out in the hall. If you don't mind, I will use it first, and then it is all yours for the night. There should be some sleepwear in the guest room and an extra pair of clothes from the last time you stayed over. I know it was a while ago, but they should still fit you." Alexandria looks Crowley up and down with a flirtatious smirk resting on her lips.