Chapter Seventeen - Novels, Eh?

Alexandria began to stir from her slumber, and she noticed that there was a warm body snuggled next to her. She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion and looked over to see Crowley snoring with his mouth open. He had his arm wrapped around her, and occasionally, his arm would twitch every now and then. Alexandria smiled at Crowley and slowly sat up, trying not to wake him. She removed his arm from around herself and rose from the bed quietly. She looked at the clock on her desk, which said it was 2:27 in the morning. She went to the window, opened the curtain, and looked out to see the nightlife in London.

Alexandria gazed out the window. The city below was bathed in the soft glow of streetlights, casting long shadows across the cobblestone streets. The night was alive with activity, even in the late hours, as people bustled about, their voices mingling with the distant sounds of cars and the occasional siren.

Despite the hustle and bustle of the city, Alexandria found a sense of peace in the quiet solitude of her room. She leaned against the windowsill, the cool night air brushing against her skin, and closed her eyes, letting the tranquility of the moment wash over her.

Lost in her thoughts, Alexandria reflected on the day's events and the challenges ahead. But amidst the uncertainty, one thing remained constant: Crowley and Aziraphale's unwavering support and companionship. They had become her family, her protectors, and she knew she could rely on them no matter what.

With a sense of gratitude filling her heart, Alexandria turned away from the window and went to her desk. She picked up her favorite book 'Sense and Sensibility' and snapped her fingers; suddenly, a beautiful Victorian chair appeared near her window. It was made out of cherry wood, and the chair's white fabric had tiny little blue flowers all over it. On top of the chair was a soft, fuzzy white blanket. There was also a standing lamp beside the chair with a blue glass cover. She went to sit in the chair and snapped her fingers again. A small cherry wood coffee table appeared, and on top of it was a vase filled with edelweiss flowers and a steaming cup of peppermint tea with a little bit of coconut oil mixed into it.

Alexandria settled into the cozy chair by the window. She wrapped herself in the soft blanket, feeling its warmth envelop her like a comforting embrace. The aroma of peppermint tea filled the air, soothing her senses as she took a sip from the delicate porcelain cup.

With her favorite book in hand, she lost herself in the timeless tale of love, loss, and resilience. The words on the pages transported her to another world, where she could escape the worries and uncertainties of her own reality, if only for a little while.

As she turned each page, the gentle glow of the lamp beside her cast a warm light over the room, casting dancing shadows on the walls. Outside, the city continued to hum with life, but Alexandria found solace and serenity within the sanctuary of her room.

Lost in the pages of her book, surrounded by the comforting presence of her makeshift sanctuary, Alexandria allowed herself to relax.

Crowley began feeling the bed for Alexandria, but the more he moved around, the more he was greeted by cold air. Crowley opened his eyes quickly and was greeted by an empty space in the bed. Crowley's heart sank as he realized Alexandria was no longer beside him. Panic surged through him as he sat up in bed, scanning the room frantically. His eyes fell upon the chair by the window, and he noticed the cozy setup with the book, blanket, and tea.

Crowley leaped out of bed without hesitation and hurried to the window. His mind raced with worry as he approached, fearing the worst. But as he reached the chair and saw Alexandria's peaceful expression as she read, a wave of relief washed over him.

He stood there momentarily, silently watching her, feeling a sense of awe at the sight of her. Alexandria seemed so serene and content in that moment, lost in her own world.