2

You look over at the brunette that spoke. "Who are you and why are you in our gym?"

Momo gasped. "That's Oikawa, Iwaizumi, Hanamaki, and Matsukawa."

You look over at the four boys still inside the gym. "I see. Well, we're in the middle of practicing right now. Do you think you guys can leave?"

Oikawa smiles. "Sorry for just barging in right now. We just noticed the lights in this gym were still on and wanted to see what was going on. You all are pretty amazing players."

Momo and Yuki smile, their faces turning a light shade of pink. "Thank you."

Iwaizumi looked at the brunette, a glare forming on his face. "What do you mean 'we'? You noticed the lights in here were on and forced us all to come check it out."

You raised a brow at Oikawa. "We're just practicing for a little longer."

He nods, still smiling at you. "Yes, sorry for interrupting. I just don't usually see the lights on this late. It was unusual and I was just a little curious to see who was still in here. Turns out it's a beautiful setter still practicing with her lovely ace and libero." He sends a wink your way.

You remain expressionless. "Can you guys leave now? We still want to practice for a little bit longer."

Momo looks at her phone, letting out a fairly loud gasp. "Actually, I can't stay any longer. I need to get home before my parents get mad. I'll see you tomorrow, Yuki-chan, Y/n-chi!" She quickly runs out of the gym.

Yuki looks at her phone, sighing. "I better head home, too. I still have homework to finish before being able to go to bed. I'll see you tomorrow, Y/n."

You wave at her, walking around the gym to pick up some of the volleyballs off the floor. You pick up a few at a time, heading back over to the ball cart to put them away.

Oikawa walks over, grabbing some volleyballs and helping you put them away. "Here, you shouldn't have to do all this by yourself. Mind if I help you?"

You don't look at him, not wanting to look at his charming smile. "You're already helping. It's not like I can stop you."

He chuckles, looking at you with a pink tint to his face. "I wouldn't stop, even if you asked me to. I just want to help you. You probably want to go home like your teammates, right?"

You shrug, facing him while holding a volleyball. "I don't really care. I have the keys, so I can stay as late as I want. I just want to get the floor cleaned up before going back to serving practice."

Oikawa smiles warmly at you. "You're planning to stay longer?"

You nod. "You can go back to your own practice with your friends. You really don't need to stay here and watch over me."

Oikawa pauses, not picking up the next volleyball he was standing over. "No, we're actually getting ready to go home ourselves. It's already after 8, it's about time we end practice and start heading to our homes. You should probably get ready to go home, too."

You shake your head. "I think I'll stay for another hour or two."

He raises a brow, then turns to his friends. "I'm going to be a while. Go ahead and leave without me, guys."

Iwaizumi sighed. "If I have to explain to your mom why you're not home when I get home, I'm kicking your ass tomorrow."

"Yes, yes. I'll call her in a little and explain that I'm staying behind for a little longer. Don't worry about me."

The other three boys walk out of the gym. You and Oikawa were left alone together. And soon, all the balls were off of the floor, all of them having been put neatly into the ball cart.

Oikawa turns to look at you, a smile on his face. "We're done now. What are you going to do?"

You grab a ball out of the ball cart. "Serving practice for another hour."

He frowns. "That's how you overwork yourself, Y/n-chan. Why don't you call it a night?"

You look into his eyes. "Why don't you call your mother and explain to her that you're watching a girl practice volleyball and won't be home for a while?"

Oikawa sighs, pulling his phone out of his pocket and calling his mom. "Hey mom. No, I'm ok. I'm just staying at practice for a little while longer. I'll be home eventually, no I won't stay out too late. Yes, I'll call if something comes up. I might be walking someone else home when they're ready to leave. Alright. I'll see you later, mom. Bye." He hangs up, watching as you start serving again.

You don't look at him, tossing the ball high into the air. You jump after it, harshly smacking the ball to the other side of the net. It lands just inside the lines, almost touching the line.

Oikawa whistles. "Beautiful serve. That was amazing, you know."

You land, looking over at him with a small smile on your face. "Thank you. Wait, did you say you were gonna walk me home?"

He gives you his signature charming smile.