7

"Y/n-chan~!" Oikawa called your name in a singsongy manner.

You look over at him, raising a brow. "What's up, Oikawa?"

"Lunch!"

"Uh huh. What about it?"

Oikawa frowns. "The volleyball teams are supposed to eat lunch together today. I asked Iwa-chan to round up our team and meet up with the other girls. All we need to do is join them."

You look behind him at a group of girls. "You sure you don't wanna speak with your fan girls instead? They seem like they really wanna be around the god of their cult."

Oikawa laughed. "Wait, that as a funny way of describing it! Tell that one at lunch! I think my teammates would appreciate hearing that. And, in regards to my fan girls, I already made plans so they don't get any of my attention during lunch."

You sigh, getting out of your seat. "Fine. But, I need to get a lunch. My aunt as more focused on making sure I ate breakfast that I didn't receive a bento. You owe me a lunch since you made me eat a breakfast, Oikawa."

"Sure thing, Y/n-chan." He beamed at you with a genuine smile, something you've been seeing a lot of lately.

From what you knew of him, Oikawa wasn't the type to smile so genuinely. It almost concerned you, but you also liked being able to see his actual smile. You find it quite attractive, wanting to see him without that fake smile more often.

You two got out of your seats and went to the cafeteria, grabbing lunches for the both of you.

Oikawa smiles as he leads you to where both of your teams were waiting for you. "So, Y/n-chan, how did you get into volleyball?"

You shrug while carrying your tray of food. "I watched a match when I was a kid and have been hooked on it ever since. I always dream of becoming a pro player after graduating high school."

He hums. "Me too. You know, I even have an autograph from a foreign player."

"Really? You gotta show me that once day."

"Shittykawa! This was your idea! What took you so long?!" Iwaizumi glared at the boy as you two sit with the others.

Oikawa flinched. "I had to get Y/n-chan food. She doesn't have a bento today."

The boys' team's ace looks over at you, smiling. "Hey, L/n. How are you?"

You look at both teams, smiling that everyone seemed to be getting along already. "Oh, you know. The Oikawa cultists were harassing me for talking with their god this morning. I had the honor of having the god, Oikawa, defend me in front of his cult."

The boys' team bursts into laughter. This was a first anyone would've addressed Oikawa's fan girls as a cult. And they found that to be the funniest thing they've ever heard.

Momo frowned. "I haven't heard any rumors spread that you two are dating, though."

You glare at her, a pink tint to your cheeks. "Momo! Don't start with that!"

Rei smirked. "Oh, don't worry, Momo. I feel like that news will be hitting our ears by the end of the day."

Yuki nods. "Just look, they sit next to each other in class. And now they're sitting together at lunch. The Oikawa and Y/n ship will be all anyone will be talking about soon enough."

Iwaizumi looked at Oikawa, who was on your right and sitting so close he was touching you. "Oikawa, don't get her involved with any rumors. You better not be causing someone else trouble."

Oikawa looked offended. "I protected her! If anything, it's my fan girls that need to stop causing problems! Don't blame me!"

"It's always your fault that these things happen! L/n, if he does anything, tell me immediately."

You nod. "Sure, but don't hit him too hard. He still needs to be able to play volleyball. He practically promised me he'd beat Shiratorizawa with you guys this year."

Iwaizumi glared at his setter. "Shittykawa, focus on what's in front of you. Don't you dare make promises if you don't know you can actually keep them."

Oikawa gasped. "Iwa-chan! We're definitely beating Shiratorizawa! Do you doubt that?"

"Of course we're beating Shiratorizawa, Shittykawa! Don't think otherwise!"

"Now you're confusing me, Iwa-chan!"

You step in before these two could escalate this any further. "Now, now. That's enough. This is lunch. Let's all get along. Iwaizumi, we all know that you're the best ace in the prefecture. Ushijima has nothing on you."

The spiky haired ace smiles at you. "I like this setter better. Can we replace Oikawa with L/n?"

"Mean, Iwa-chan!"

You put your hand on Oikawa's shoulder. "There, there. I'm sorry your team already likes me better than they like you. You're still the best setter in the boys' division."

Oikawa perked up at your words, immediately engulfing you in a hug. "You're the best, Y/n-chan!"

Yukie, Momo and Rei smirk at you two. "Ship it."

You turn red, glaring at the three. "Shut it!"