16

Yuki looked over at you in the club room. "You've been unusually silent today, Y/n."

Rei glances at you from the corner of her eye. "Are you nervous about watching the boys' practice match instead of practicing?"

You shake your head, clearing your thoughts. "I'm worried about Toru. He's at the doctor right now. I don't know if he'll be playing at all in this match."

Momo smirks. "Aw, worried about your future husband, Y/n-chi?"

You nod, unable to contain your emotions. Tears built in your eyes when you thought of all the reasons why Oikawa might not be able to play in today's practice match. "I mean, what if his leg isn't any better? What if it got worse? What if something else happens and he's unable to play volleyball? Volleyball means everything to Toru. I don't wanna see him upset because he can't have anything to do with the thing he loves most."

Yuki looks at you with wide eyes. "Wow. Did not expect you to actually admit to caring about him like that. That was actually a lot to take in. I'm starting to worry about you. Are you feeling alright, Y/n? You're not getting sick are you? Have you been overworking yourself with school and volleyball? It's ok to take a break, you know. You don't have to come to this practice match. If you're not feeling well, you can always go home."

You shake your head. "No. I've never been involved with anyone on the boys' team until recently. I really want to support them and watch this match. I need to see their skills for myself."

Rei looks away from you, continuing to get changed. "If you say so. You're acting different today. Is there something going on with you?"

You sigh, looking at the floor of the club room. It was just you four third years in the room. "I like Oikawa. As more than a friend. In a romantic sense."

Yuki gasped. "You actually admit it?! Are you sure you're feeling alright, Y/n?"

"I'm fine. I just - I don't want to lie about it to you three. You're my best friends and I can't just hold back my feelings forever."

Momo jumped up, beginning to cheer. "Yay! Y/n-chi has admitted to being in love with Oikawa! It's finally happening! When are you gonna confess, Y/n-chi?"

You sigh. "If the team wins this practice match, I'll pull Oikawa aside and tell him how I feel."

Yuki gaped at you. "You're being really bold today. You're still feeling fine, right?"

You nod. "I'm fine. I just think it's about time to start being honest with myself. It couldn't hurt to admit to being in love with Oikawa, right?"

The three girls beamed at you. They were proud that you were finally opening up and being honest about your feelings for the setter of the boys' team.

Yuki smiled. "You should confess to him. Like asap. The moment you get a chance with him, tell that boy how you feel."

"No way!"

"It's what's best for you, Y/n-chi!" Momo argued.

You shake your head. "How would you know what's best for me?!"

The three respond in unison. "Cuz we said so!"

You sigh, putting your practice gear into your bag and slinging it over your shoulder. "Alright. I'm all ready to see the guys now. Hurry up, you three."

They nod, copying your actions as they finished changing. "Let's go, captain."

The four of you walk out of the club room, making your way to the boys' gym. On your way, you run into three of the third years, Iwaizumi, Matsukawa, and Hanamaki.

You greet them. "Hey, guys. Are you also heading to the gym?"

Iwaizumi nods, answering you. "I'm guessing you four are heading over to watch the match?"

Yuki nods, smiling at the other ace. "Yes."

"How is Toru? Will he be in the match?"

Iwaizumi looks at you. "He's still at the doctor, I think. He hasn't texted me yet. I guess we'll be finding out in a little bit."

You sigh, worried about the setter. "I see. I hope he's all better. I wanna see you guys win."

Your three teammates smirk, knowing what will happen if the boys' team wins this practice match.

Rei looked over at the boys. "Good luck out there. We want to see a real show."

Momo nodded. "There's a lot riding on the outcome of this match, so do your best to win."

Matsukawa gave a questioning look. "What could be riding on this game?"

You quickly interject, before any of the other girls have a chance to reply. "Don't worry. The four of us made a little bet. It's nothing."

Hanamaki eyed you suspiciously. "I'm gonna keep an eye on your four. Something don't seem right here."

Iwaizumi sighs. "Just forget about it. The girls' team has things of their own going on. Don't waste time worrying about it. Just focus on this match."

All of you nod, making your way into the gym. Soon, the match begins. And you watch intensely.

But Oikawa wasn't there, at least, not yet.