8

Oikawa taps your shoulder as the teacher leaves. "Hey, Y/n-chan?"

You glance at him. "We don't have much time to talk before the next teacher walks in. What do you want?"

"I'm walking you to practice, ok. Just wanted to make sure you wouldn't try leaving without me."

You raise a brow, your eyes looking at the girls behind him. "What about your fan girls?"

Oikawa sighs. "Forget about them. I'll deal with it quickly so we can leave on time. Just, trust me and walk to practice with me. Ok?" He put his hand on yours.

You sigh. "Alright. I won't leave without you, Oikawa."

"You're the best, Y/n-chan."

Some people behind you two heard you two, seeing how close you were acting with each other. One of them slips out of the room and heads to all the other classes, telling one person in each class what he saw and heard. Thus, the rumor that you and Oikawa are dating has now been created, and is spreading among the third years.

Yuki, Rei, and Momo grin when they hear this news. They decided they'd tell you them moment you open the door to the club room, hoping Oikawa would be beside you when they say something.

When the three third year boys on the volleyball team heard, their eyes went wide. They sent texts to each other, confirming hat has reached their ears. Iwaizumi ended up telling Hanamaki and Matsukawa that he would say something to Oikawa the moment they're all in the club room together, even with the second and first years present.

Back in class 3-6 with you and a certain brunette setter, you two were about to talk more, when the teacher suddenly comes in.

Oikawa pouts. "I'll talk with you more after class, Y/n-chan."

You simply nod in response, getting ready for your teacher to talk about history. You look up, focused on the lesson.

Oikawa can't even find the energy to look away from you. All he wanted was to stare at you, see the sparkle in your eye as you take in new information.

The teacher paused, seeing the setter staring at you and not paying attention to the lesson. "Oikawa-kun, is L/n so fascinating that you can't pay attention in class?"

You look at the boy with wide eyes. "Oikawa?"

Oikawa blushes, looking up at the teacher. "S-sorry. It won't happen again."

Class continued on normally, as did the rest of your classes. Oikawa had been too embarrassed to talk to you more after the incident in history, so he hadn't spoken to you in between classes. The teachers went in and out, teaching the lessons they had planned for the day. Before you knew it, it was time to head to volleyball practice.

You look at the boy next to you. "Oikawa, are you ready to go to practice?"

He looks at you, his cheeks tinting pink. "Right. Sorry." He stands up, grabbing his bag. "Let's go."

You walk with him through the halls. "Everything alright? Did you want to talk with me so bad that you forgot that a teacher was giving a lecture?"

Oikawa looks at the ground. "That... and your eyes."

"My eyes?"

He felt as his face heated up, the blush darkening on his face. "They sparkle really pretty when you're learning."

You hum. "Well, thank you. Oh, did you want to walk together after practice again? I think my aunt would be happy to have you over for dinner again tonight."

You didn't realize it, but people around you were listening in. The rumor about you two was spreading, everyone in the school but you and Oikawa knew about it. Now, everyone was talking about how the two most desired people in this school were supposedly dating each other. Not even Oikawa's fan girls were able to walk up to the two of you.

Oikawa hummed. "Well, your aunt is a really good cook. I don't wanna say no... let me text my mom and I'll get back to you on whether or not I can stay for dinner. I will walk you home, though."

You chuckle. "Ok. I look forward to it, Oikawa."

"Call me Toru."

Your eyes widen. "T-Toru?"

Oikawa smiles, content. "That sounds great coming from you. Please call me that from now on."

"Ok, but why?"

"Because! It's only fair since I always address you by first name."

You shrug. "Fair."

You two approach the club rooms. You open the door to yours, Oikawa stopping to stand beside you.

Momo beamed the moment the door was open. "There's our favorite couple!"

You and Oikawa stare at her, wide eyed. "What?"

The boys' club room opens and Iwaizumi stands in the doorway. "Everyone is saying you two are dating now!"

Rei smirked. "You even invited him to your house. So bold, Y/n."

You feel your face heat up. "Wait! No! It's not like that! We aren't - Oikawa, tell them we aren't dating!"

Oikawa shook his head. "We - we aren't, I swear, Iwa-chan! Someone might be taking things out of context! Don't hit me!"

You get in front of Oikawa defensively. "Please don't hit Toru."

"TORU?!"

You and Oikawa look at each other, knowing how rough these explanation were going to be.