6

"No way." You look at the boy sitting right beside you.

Oikawa's eyes go wide. "How did we not notice each other sooner?! We literally sit right next to each other!"

You shake your head. "No. Not happening. This is the weirdest dream I've ever had."

Oikawa frowns. "It's not a dream, Y/n-chan."

"It has to be. That's the only logical answer to explain everything that has happened this morning."

Oikawa chuckles, sitting down. He rubs the back of his head, remembering what happened when you two walked out of the club rooms. "Right. Your team is a little..."

"Don't say it. I already know." You sit down, turning to face him. "Sorry again, about what you overheard."

He waves the hand not touching his head in front of him. "It's fine. I expected there to be some misunderstandings or... ya know, weird situations. I mean, we never acknowledged each other until last night. You would've thought we'd have at least talked once before last night."

You blink, still trying to wrap your head around everything. "You'd think, but that was apparently not the case. And we're the two most popular people in this whole school. I would've thought that we'd gain each other's attention almost immediately."

Oikawa nods. "It's weird. And I'm surprised I haven't heard anyone say how we'd make a great couple, or something."

"Wh-what?"

"Think about it, Y/n-chan. We're both attractive, play setter for volleyball, and we're the captains of our teams. It's almost like we were made to be around each other."

You shake your head, very much in denial. "Stop it. I don't want to think about that. I don't want to believe that what my teammates said about you liking me could ever happen in real life."

Oikawa blushed, trying not to give himself away. "What? We just met, Y/n-chan. How could they say such things?"

"That's what I'm saying!"

The brunette shows you his genuine smile, happy to be getting along with you. "You know, you didn't wait for me this morning. We were supposed to walk to class together!"

You sigh, looking at your desk. "Our practice finished earlier than usual, so we went to our classes early."

Oikawa sighs, putting his head on his desk but still looking at you. "I see. You should've come check out our practice. Maybe you'd like what you see." He said it in a somewhat flirtatious way.

Yet, you didn't fully pick up on that. "You guys are pretty strong. There's only one team in the prefecture you haven't beaten yet, right?"

He frowns. "If you mention Shiratorizawa, I'll cry."

You chuckle, looking over at him. "No worries, I don't like them either. One of their players looked at me weird and I've tried avoiding them ever since."

Oikawa perks up, then frowns again. "Which one looked at you?"

You hum, thinking back to your first year of high school. "Uh, the redhead. Tendou, I think."

The setter beside you frowns. "I don't like him, almost as much as I hate Ushiwaka."

You nod. "Shiratorizawa is just the worst. They need to lose. I hope you guys can beat them at the inter high prelims."

Oikawa sits up in his seat, smiling at you. "I'm glad you feel that way. I'll be working even harder with the team. We'll win, you'll see."

You chuckle. "Yeah, well, the girls' team has to deal with the Niiyama girls. We've managed to beat them every year before, but I hear their second years are really something to fear. They've won all of their practice matches so far. I'm hoping we'll still be the best in the prefecture, but I have a feeling that Niiyama might beat us."

The brunette boy scoffs. "I doubt it. You guys are gonna win. I have full faith in our girls' team. You're the best there is."

You giggle, raising your hand to cover your face a little. "Thanks. I really hope both of our teams can go to the inter high again. This will be the last inter high we'll be able to go to. I'm kinda bummed that we're third years. Just one more year, I want to keep living my high school life, even for just another year."

Oikawa beamed at you, holding up peace signs. "Then let's make this the best inter high ever. Both of Seijoh's teams will win and become the best high school teams this year."

You full out laugh. "Our team is already there, we've been winning in the prefecture and for the nation's best girls' team. You guys just need to catch up."

"Mean, Y/n-chan. At least give me some encouragement!"

You raise a brow at him, a grin still on your lips. "Oh! Like what?"

Just as he parted his lips to give his response, other people burst into the classroom."

"Oikawa!" A group of girls squealed.

You turn away from the boy. "Looks like you're about to be too busy to talk to me."

Oikawa groans, turning to his fan girls with a bright smile. A fake smile. "Hey! Sorry for not greeting any of you, I was just talking to the captain of the girls' volleyball club, here. We were discussing some important volleyball things."

One girl in particular, a brunette with green eyes, stepped closer to him and grabbed one of his arms with both her hands. "Oikawa! We missed you! You should always be waiting for us. L/n can wait, but we can't."

You feel a irk mark appear on your forehead. You turn to the girls with a scary look on your face, almost looking like Iwaizumi. "Excuse me? I didn't ask for him to talk to me, he initiated it all of his own accord."

The brunette girl frowned at you. "Do you hear how she spoke to me, Oikawa?"

Oikawa nervously glanced between you and his fan girls. "I apologize, but you did bring Y/n-chan into this. Can you please leave her alone? She's just doing her own thing. Let's leave her alone. Come on, I'll talk with you girls in the hallway for a bit."

You watch as he gets up and walks out of the classroom. You let out a sigh. 'I don't like him. Just repeat that phrase. Maybe, it'll be true in the end.'