21

At a break, Oikawa leans over to your desk. He puts his arm around you, gently placing his head on your shoulder.

You look over at him. "Is everything ok, Toru?"

He lets out a groan. "Y/n-chan! Class feels like it takes forever. I just wanna talk to you, but the teachers require all of my attention. It's horrible!"

You chuckle lightly, gently rubbing his hair with your hand. "It's ok. We can talk now. What's going on in that pretty head of yours, Toru?"

Oikawa smiles, sitting up properly in his own chair. "I'm so glad you asked. What was up with Iwa-chan and Yuki-chan at lunch? You seemed to know something about it. I mean, I know our goal was to set them up, but that happened way faster than I thought it would. What did you and Iwa-chan even talk about before arriving at lunch? Tell me everything!"

You let out a sigh, smiling at the boy beside you. "Well, I was talking about Yuki with him, claiming that I thought the two looked cute and would make a cute couple. Iwa immediately figured out what was going on, guessing that Yuki has a thing for him. So, I admitted to everything, and Iwa agreed to ask Yuki out. Isn't that great? Things worked out even better than we thought they would. It didn't even take more than a day to get them together. I can't wait to see Yuki all happy!"

Oikawa looks at you, adoration in his eyes. "Wow. I mean, I didn't think Iwa-chan would figure something like that out on his own." His smile falls, a frown taking its place. "Now that means you and I can't work together anymore! Iwa-chan ruined it!"

You chuckle, shaking your head lightly. "No, things worked out. The plan was to get Yuki and Iwa together. And that's what happened. You and I can still hang out, if you want."

Oikawa smiled brightly at you. "Really? I was thinking, since Iwa-chan and Yuki-chan have a date this weekend, why don't you and I go do something?"

You raised a brow at him, internally celebrating. "Are you asking me on a date?"

His face turned red and he panicked, frantically waving his hands in front of him while shaking his head. "That's not what I meant! I mean, you and I could spend sometime with each other, no one else has to be there."

"Yeah. Like a date." You commented.

Oikawa became even more flustered. "That wasn't what I was going for, Y/n-chan. You said it yourself, you're not ready for relationships or anything of the sort. I wanted to hang out with you, like friends."

Inside, you were screaming, upset that you had said that in front of Oikawa and that he remembered that. "I did say that, huh. Well, I guess I wouldn't mind hanging out with you this weekend. When and where will we be hanging out?"

Oikawa smiled, still having a pink tint to his cheeks. "I was thinking we could start with a walk in the park on Sunday, around mid morning. We can decide from there what we'll do for the rest of the day. Does - does that sound good to you?"

You nod, smiling brightly at the boy. "Of course! I'm looking forward to it, Toru. Oh, which park will we be walking in?"

Oikawa beamed. "How about Kotodai Park? It's right in Sendai, and is so beautiful. What do you say? Will that park be fine or should we go to a different one? I know there's another one in Shibata, I'm pretty sure there's another one in Sendai, too."

You laughed, stopping him from talking any further. "Kotodai Park is fine, Toru. And you said it yourself that this isn't date. You don't need to worry so much about it. Ooo! If we're going to Kotodai, that means we can check out the concert hall there! Can we do that, please, Toru?" You gave him puppy eyes.

Oikawa felt his heart melt at this, he found it quite cute. "Of course, Y/n-chan! I'd be more than happy to do whatever you want!"

An idea popped in your head. "Since we'll be out, do you mind coming shopping with me? I need to get some new clothes. My aunt and uncle have been pestering me about getting more nice clothes for when I join in on my uncle's business meetings and banquets."

Oikawa had images of you showing him what you look like in different dresses, asking how you looked in them, pop into his smile. A wide smile spread across his face. "Of course! And you could try the outfits on, so I can tell you how you look in them!"

A grin spread on your face, knowing why he suggested that. "Of course. But, I'm gonna need your honest opinion. I can't pick something out and get it if it doesn't look good on me. Can you be honest and tell me what you really think of everything I try on, Toru?" You bat your eyelashes at him, hoping he'd fall for your tricks and play right into your hand. You were determined to make him confess to you. When and where he did it, didn't matter to you. You were even willing to try dirty tactics to get him to say he's in love with you.

Oikawa felt more heat building in his face as he thought about seeing you model for him even more. "Of course! I'd never lie to you, Y/n-chan! I'll let you know exactly what I think of everything you pick out."

"Oh, and fair warning, my aunt and uncle want me to pick out many different colors. They're getting tired of always seeing me in f/c clothes. So I really need you to tell me if certain colors look good or bad on me. No matter how pretty the dress is, you need to tell me whether or not it matches my look."

Oikawa nodded, his smile not leaving his face. "Sure thing! I promise to be fully honest with you, Y/n-chan. You have nothing to worry about."

You two smile at each other, soon turning away from the other when your next teacher walks into the room to teach their subject. You and Oikawa focus on class, but in your heads, the two of you were thinking about how Sunday was going to turn out.