15

"Wait, the guys have a practice match coming up? Toru's injured, how's that gonna work?" You look at Iwaizumi, head tilted.

Iwaizumi sighed. "Yahaba will have to stand in as our setter."

Oikawa pouted. "I have a doctor's appointment that day. Hopefully, I'll be allowed to play, even if it's just for one set."

You hum. "It would be good if you could play during the match. What's the school's name again?"

"Karasuno." This time Kunimi answered you. "An old teammate of Kindaichi and I goes there. He's a setter, but he's got a horrible personality and bad habits that I doubt he's broken. Iwaizumi-san and Oikawa-san know him as well, since they went to the same middle school we went to."

You look over at the brunette setter. "Oh? You know another setter? What's he like, Toru?"

A dark look crossed Oikawa's face. "I hate that little genius. Tobio-chan needs to be taken down a couple pegs."

You look at the boy with wide eyes. "Wow. I've never seen him like this. Just how bad of an experience did you have with this setter?"

Iwaizumi answered for you. "He got frustrated when Kageyama showed to be a better setter in middle school, got replaced by Kageyama during a game, then proceeded to nearly hit the boy when asked to teach him how to serve. Oikawa has an inferiority complex with Kageyama around, and started working himself too hard in an attempt to remain the better setter."

"I see." You put a hand on Oikawa's shoulder. "You're still a great setter. Don't let a genius ruin your mood. No one can compare to all the hard work you've put in to get this far."

Matsukawa laughed. "You know just what to say to him, L/n."

Oikawa hugged you, pulling your face against his chest. "You're the best, Y/n-chan! I don't deserve you!" He had tears in his eyes.

You deadpan. "Please don't cry on me."

Oikawa pushed you away, his hands remaining on your shoulders. "Y/n-chan. You have to come to our practice match. I'll have a doctor's appointment, so I'll be showing up late. Depending on what the doctor says, I might be able to play in that match. If I can, I want you there to watch me."

You shrug. "I'll talk it over with our coach." You turn to look at your teammates. "Do all of you want to go to the match?"

Momo answers for all of the them. "Of course we do! Who would pass up the opportunity to watch our boys win and have Y/n and Oikawa all over each other in celebration?"

You glare at her. "That's not gonna happen."

Oikawa frowned. "It's not?"

You look at him, a brow raised. "You really think I'm gonna be all over you?"

"It would be nice."

Iwaizumi hit his head. "Knock it off! Stop flirting with L/n!"

Kindaichi looked over at you. "Do you not have any interest in Oikawa-san?"

You weren't about to admit your feelings to a first year on his team, of all people. "I've made it clear, I'm not interested in relationships. There's no way you're gonna see me going crazy over any guy."

Kunimi grinned. "You're the most composed setter here, L/n-san."

Hanamaki smirked. "The one person not attracted to Oikawa."

Matsukawa matched the other third year's smirk. "And he's all over here."

Iwaizumi shook his head. "Oikawa, this is getting sad. She's not interested, leave her alone."

Oikawa frowned at his teammates. "You're all so mean! Y/n-chan! Tell them they're wrong!"

You sigh, shaking your head. "Why don't you talk to Mikata again? I bet she'd like to have you all over her."

Rei grinned. "Jealousy doesn't look good on you, Y/n."

Your eyes widened. "I'm not jealous!"

Momo stuck her tongue out at you. "Are too."

"You're delusional."

Yuki sighed. "That's enough. You're about to make our captain mad." She smiles at you. "But stop being in denial Y/n, that doesn't feel right."

You gaped at her. "Yuki, you traitor!"

She laughed. "I'm sorry, I didn't want to be the only one that didn't tease you."

You glare at your teammates, standing up. "All of you are running extra laps at practice. If I hear one complaint, I'll double it."

The three shut up, their eyes wide. They knew they hit a nerve, but they didn't think that you'd get so mad as to actually take action against them.

Oikawa held your arm, pulling you back down to sit beside him. "Calm down, Y/n-chan. You look scary when you're mad."

You look at him, softening your face. "Sorry, Toru. I bet you know what it's like having your teammates make fun of you two."

Iwaizumi cut into the conversation. "Except he whines about it, whereas you actually do something about it out of anger."

Oikawa nods. "But, it is kind of attractive to see you use your authority as captain."

You feel your face heat up slightly, eyes wide form his comment. "I see."

Momo grins. "Captain, you're blushing."

"Shut up, Momo!"