Chapter: 8

C A L L U M

𓃢

After leaving the underground prison behind, I decided to confront the strangers waiting at the border.

Meanwhile, Mike would assist Luke in preparing to depart the pack without any further interference from the hybrid.

Despite Felix's best efforts, he couldn't dissuade the strangers at my border. As the Alpha, I took matters into my own hands.

As I approached the border of my territory, I could hear an unfamiliar male voice requesting to speak with me. Though, I wasn't yet close enough to see him, my enhanced hearing allowed me to catch his words.

My beta attempted to argue against their entry, but the message didn't seem to register with the strangers.

My wolf grew increasingly agitated the closer that I got. He didn't take kindly to newcomers wishing to enter our territory, and I attributed the surge of adrenaline coursing through me to his reaction.

However, what I didn't anticipate upon reaching the border was my wolf's low snarl, not of excitement but of anger.

My attention turned toward the group in the distance, where a strange male was seen playfully ruffling one of the female's hair, prompting my wolf's growl. His unexpected outburst surprised me.

Felix bowed his head upon sensing my presence, but I found myself losing focus on him as my wolf's instincts took over.

My gaze was drawn to a pair of striking sea-blue eyes, speckled with swirling indigo. Never before had I encountered such captivating eyes.

Her beauty struck me like a thunderbolt. Despite having seen many beautiful women, none of them compared to her. 

In that instant, nothing else mattered. I wanted her. She was mine, and I would have her. Mate, my wolf claimed, telling me what I already felt.

However, my awe was tinged with a sense of shame upon sensing her heritage. Our mate wasn't a wolf, but a hybrid. A witch.

The realisation struck me like a blow. Though my wolf was excited and drawn to her, not caring in the world that she was of different heritage, I couldn't shake the feeling of frustration. I had never imagine my mate would be a hybrid— the same very individuals I harboured disdain for.

I had been tough on Luke because of his mate's hybrid status, feeling a surge of anger at the thought of him being bonded to one. Yet, here I was, faced with the realisation that my own mate belonged to the same species.

The difference was, I couldn't discern her exact breed mix. It was evident she wasn't human, nor a pure witch.

With narrowed eyes, I swallowed hard, grappling with conflicting emotions. Despite her heritage, I couldn't deny the desperation of my wolf. He wanted her, he needed her. We needed her.

She wouldn't stand a chance as a Luna, she would be too weak to lead my pack.

Struggling against my wolf's urges, I tried with every ounce of energy in my body to focus on the group, trying to avert my gaze.

Hybrid's Eclipseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें