Chapter: 28

C A L L U M

𓃢

My wolf growled at me for treating our mate in such a manner, as if she were the enemy, forcing her into a cage.

I had to exert all my energy to restrain myself from returning to the underground cells and embracing Natalia as I longed to. She had quickly become my entire world. She was my family, and I would never allow even the slightest harm come to her.

Her wolf assured mine that she could handle the situation, but I couldn't take that risk. I had witnessed her fighting rogues before, and she was exceptional.

Still, I couldn't risk her safety by allowing her to join the fight alongside me, knowing that rogues would specifically target her as the Luna.

Felix had informed me that three rogues had attacked. No harm had come to my people. I was furious to learn that the rogue attack had occurred at the same time as Glenda's presence.

I couldn't decide if she had tried to distract us with her presence and encouraged the attack, or if she was innocent. Something told it was the former.

I could have also easily killed Chelsea, but she wouldn't have been able to permit the witch's entrance to the pack without assistance of a guard. I needed to figure out who was working against me.

Before I could dwell further on the matter, I finally arrived at the scene where three wolves were held captive side by side on the ground. They looked like mere pups.

My men bowed their heads in respect, and Felix came to stand by my side.

"They refuse to talk," he informed me, crossing his arms as he glared at the trio.

Narrowing my eyes, I observed each one of them, unable to recognise them or their scents. They seemed to be newly shifted pups, barely sixteen from what I could gather.

"You're all newly shifted," I observed, noting their defiant glares.

"We're not here to answer you," the middle one spat, surprising me with his confidence.

"What is your purpose in my territory?"

I was met with silence and a few snarls in return.

When dealing with rogue pups, I tried to refrain from harming them. Having once been a rogue myself after my parents passed away, I understood that pups deserved a chance.

"I will spare you if you talk," I promised them. "My pack has been invaded several times this month, and I need to know who is behind this."

"We don't respond to anyone," the one on the right sneered, his eyes dark.

Amused, I nodded. "If that were the case, you wouldn't be here on your knees in my territory."

"We're not telling you anything," the middle one interjected.

"You're all very young," I remarked. "I don't recognise either of you but I can tell you have recently gone rogue."

"You don't know us!" the one on the left yelled.

His outburst earned a couple of growls from my men at the disrespect shown to their Alpha, and despite my attempts to understand them, I didn't restrain my wolf when he growled authoritatively, causing the pups to back down.