Chapter: 10

C A L L U M

𓃢

In simpler terms, I didn't want her to leave my side.

I could have been honest and admitted that to the group, but I chose not to. I held back from saying or doing anything that I might regret later. They were unaware that she was my mate, and I intended to keep it that way for the time being.

After ensuring that all the rogues had been dealt with, I grappled with the shock of realising that my mate was of witch and werewolf, an uncommon combination.

I was taken aback by my failure to recognise her wolf initially, pondering the reason behind it.

Typically, witches didn't mingle with werewolves, and vice versa. Witnessing her shift into her white wolf form, with fur speckled with indigo matching her eyes, left me thoroughly surprised.

While I wasn't entirely familiar with the implications of having a mate, I hadn't anticipated the profound effect she would have on me.

Especially after witnessing her confront a rogue single-handedly, despite my initial nerves. She had handled the situation very well, a testament to her strength, unlike what I had labeled her.

I hadn't restrained myself when my Wolf had approached her and pressed our head against our mate, taking in the scent of lavender— a comforting reassurance that she was unharmed.

Perhaps, I should have disliked how much we already liked her, but I didn't.

The bond between us was undeniably strong, exerting a powerful pull that I couldn't resist, even if I wanted to.

Now, we were gathered in the pack house, with the group assembled in my living room. I was surprised when my mate had shifted and was already fully clothed.

My men remained on standby, wary of the two strangers, and my mate. They had exited the lounge to afford us privacy but lingered outside the house.

The vampire's gaze bore into me, intense and judgemental as ever. His stance predictable.

Ignoring his scrutiny, my focus remained fixed on my mate. She sat on the sofa alongside the other female who had accompanied her; engaged in a hushed conversation that I could overhear clearly.

The rogue attack wasn't related to them, my wolf had sensed already. I had commanded Mike to retrieve the hybrid and Luke.

"Why are you so interested in her?" the bitter voice of the bloodsucker interjected.

Amused, I glanced at him. "What does it matter to you?"

His brows knitted, taken aback by my defiance. "She's my best friend. Keep your distance," he spat.

"Is that so?" I pondered. "I didn't know she needed a babysitter. She seems quite capable of making her own choices."

He growled at my words, his fangs briefly visible. It was easy to provoke him.

"I'm not her babysitter," he countered. "She is my friend."

Taking the more mature stance, I allowed him his final word, particularly when my mate glanced up at us, disapprovingly.

Hybrid's Eclipseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें