Chapter: 15

N A T A L I A

"I say we head back, it's probably for the best," Ivy expressed, sadness evident in her expression.

"I agree," Noah chimed in. "Dealing with witches isn't wise, and I'm not fond of him either."

His gaze travelled towards where Callum was standing at the kitchen island, flicking through documents. As if he could sense our gazes, his eyes met mine, a tenderness in them that comforted my wolf.

I couldn't bear to leave him. He brought me happiness and security, distracting me from my fractured family dynamic. He was my family now.

"What about Caia and Rhea?" Ivy pressed, redirecting my attention to our friends.

We deliberated in Callum's living room, weighing our options. It had been precisely an hour and half since we had seen my mother. It was late.

Callum had ordered for Felix and a couple of other men, including Ivy's mate, to run rounds and survey the pack for any signs of threat.

"You should all return," I asserted firmly, returning my focus on the group. "This is where I belong now, regardless of the consequences. I won't leave my mate."

I sensed Callum had heard me as a surge of pride and excitement washed over me, his wolf responding eagerly to my words.

Yet, I paid him no attention, remaining focused on my friends.

"Glenda won't accept our return without you," Mila interjected, her brows tightening.

"Neither will I," Noah declared, his eyes ablaze with anger. "You're not staying here with strangers."

Ivy hesitated, then spoke up. "If you stay, I will too. My mate is also a part of this pack, it's only right for me to stay."

"You're both out of your minds," Noah retorted.

His words stung, igniting my frustration. "Noah, stop."

"No, Natalia, you stop," he replied before standing up. "You meet a stranger who wants to harm us all, including your mother, and you're fine with that?"

"He's not like that," I argued, feeling my temper rise, my wolf not accepting disrespect towards our mate.

"How can you confidently say that?" he pressed. "You barely know him, yet you're willing to abandon Caia for him!"

Anger surged through me, and I glared at my lifelong friend. He'd never questioned me like this before, I was stunned.

"Why are you doing this?" I demanded, my voice tense.

"Because you're acting impulsively, not considering anyone or anything but your emotions," he countered.

"Acting on impulse?" I snapped, incredulous, feeling all my emotions surfacing and my wolf growling in pure fury. "You want me to return to a clan that sees me only as their protector? A mother who hasn't spared me a second glance since discovering I'm a wolf? No one has ever considered me a member!"