CHAPTER 2: THE STRANGER

I giggled as I felt myself on something wet and ticklish. The smell of fresh air and rain is making me not want to stand up, but I know I have to because I have chores to do. With a deep breath, I sighed and opened my hazel eyes just to see grey kind of clouds over my head. Well, the maid quarters surely do not have cloud as roof.
I looked around to see I'm in some type of clearing filled with wet grass, the palace far from sight.
Confused and panicked, I look around trying to find anything familiar just for my eyes to meet scarlet red eyes staring back at me with something close to curiosity.
I screamed bloody murder as I watched the silver dragon also watching my every move like a predator after it prey.
Everything that happen before came rushing back to me at an alarming speed.
OH Heavens! I'm surely going to die.
They probably left me here with this creature so it will kill me.
The dragon growled baring it teeth and I screamed in fear, tears running nonstop down my face. I've been doing a lot of screaming and crying lately.
Well, I'm not to be blamed, I'm scared out of my mind.

I started thinking of different ways I could escape. Maybe if I try to talk to it, it may help make my death quick and painless.

'Oh my' I can't imagine I just thought that.

"Ermmm" I cleared my throat shakily and the dragon just Kept staring at me like it is taunting me.

Suddenly he moved closer to me, and I stood up in fear and took several steps back and something like a whine came from the dragon and I stared in disbelief.
I'm sure this creature didn't just make that sound.

It whined again before pushing me to sit with his snort, of course I screamed, I thought he was about to bite my head off.

He circled his body around me, and I was paralyzed with fear, I only started to relax a little after several minutes when it seems the dragon was not going to do anything to me yet.

It kept nudging my hand with his face and I just stared confused at the strange creature.

'Is he asking me to pat him?' I thought and almost like he heard he started whining again.

So shakily I raised my hands up and gently passed it across his scales, careful to avoid the mouth in case he is planning on biting my fingers off.

I gasp out loud as it started cooing and purring like a pet cat, someone please tell me this is not one of the dragons I have heard rumors of.

After few minutes of petting it, I started to relax a little then my brain started to settle enough for me to start wondering how I got here from the palace.

The last thing I remembered was the silver dragon jumping over me and feeling dizzy.

So how did I get here?

I tried standing up to at least find my way back to the palace, but I find that very difficult since I have a very large beast wrapped around me.

All efforts of unwrapping myself from him proved abortive and the beast rested peacefully as if it does not see my struggle.

I signed in frustration and glared at the silver dragon, almost like he could feel my stare, he turned his large-scale head towards me with scarlet red eye watching me carefully and I yelped in surprise and fear, is he ready to finish up the work and kill me.

I guess I should have just sat quietly.

I sat paralyzed as the dragon kept looking at me before huffing and bringing his large body up and unwrapping it from my body.

"Orion" I heard a voice call, and I yelled in surprise, I thought I was alone, I looked around me and to my surprise, I saw a young bulky man stare at me with stunning silver eyes, for a moment I was lost, I can swear my breath stopped. This human or supernatural that was in front of me is the definition of unnatural beauty. But the only strange thing is he is looking weird, the look he is giving me is so cold almost line I'm an ant disturbing his breath and I'm needed to be swatted away.