CHAPTER 17: HER SAVIOR

I'm falling
And falling, I think I'm in a dark hole and I keep falling endlessly.
I want to scream but it seems to be stuck in my throat. Someone is holding my hand, but who? It's so dark, I can't even see what is right in front of me.

"My lady" a voice called faintly and I try to look behind me or beside me, I really try but I feel stuck at the same time falling.

I saw a bright light and it kept coming closer until it consumed me.

"My lady, you're awake" the same voice again but louder, I slowly opened my eyes and groaned in pained, my head is aching.

I looked to my side and saw a very handsome man, he looks like a perfect painting with no error. His black hair which looks soft enough to run hands through and his well sculptured face but he is still nothing compared to my Luca.

Luca.

I was meant to serve him, so what am I doing here. I looked around the strange room in confusion then back to the handsome stranger in front of me.

"You seem to have questions" he said helping me to sit up, why do I feel so weak and in pain and I'm covered in a robe. The man gave me water to drink and I gladly did, my mouth was dry.

"Why am I in a robe?" I asked.

"Your cloth is torn and it will be impolite for me to stare" he replied. He is obviously royal, he's acting like one but why am I not scared, I feel numb and like I'm forgetting something.

I opened the robe slightly to look at my dress and that was enough to bring flashbacks of what happened to me, I was almost raped but I escaped and he saved me. I shakily covered myself with the robe again.
My King will be so worried.

"You saved me" I said and he swallowed before shrugging, he seems to be nervous, at the same time curious which is not the normal traits I see in royals.

"I don't like seeing injustice" he said finally.

"But I'm human" I said testing the waters, he looks confused for a second then raised his brows.

"And?" He asked.
He is different, he obviously doesn't think I deserve this, which is unusual. Even Luca would have just looked away if I was any other maid as they think humans are nothings, which brings me back to the question, why is King Luca treating me differently?

"I should get back to my King, he'll be worried" I said unconsciously while trying to get up.

"Your King, and why will he be worried?" He asked making me panic internally. Why will a King be worried about his maid's whereabouts?

"Worried, did I say worried? I meant angry, I was meant to serve his food" I said nodding to my self but he doesn't seem to believe me but he stood up and helped me anyways.

I was trying to wear my sandals when a loud knock interrupted us.

The man walked to the door and opened it and it was a fuming Luca that was there, ohh he look so angry like he could kill.

I stood up quickly and almost fell but the man was quick and held on to me quickly. I don't even know his name.
I thanked him and look back to my King who was looking at me strangely, like I hurt him.

"Let's go" he said in a soft but deadly tone and he started to walk away.
I waved at the man and walked after him quickly but I was stopped by a hand. It is the man's.

"Your name?" He asked.

"It's Fayre" I said and he look dumbstruck, like I just threw a bomb on him. I looked confused and I wanted to ask him what went wrong but a growl stopped me. Luca was looking intently at our joined hands and I dropped it quickly and went to him. He walked off before I got to him and I almost ran to keep up as he was walking very fast. I was starting to get out of breath but we soon got to his door, and he opened it walking in, I followed after him and closed the door. He was silent for a while before looking back at me. He is starting to scare me with the way he's looking.
He calmly walked behind me and took off the robe that was on me, I forgot to return them.