CHAPTER 4: MEETING OCTAVIUS

"We need to apply this ointment on your wound every four hours" Mary said and I groaned in answer feeling drowsy, it has been three days since I was wiped, and I have been going in and out of consciousness. Mary has been by my side as much as she could, and the head maid surprisingly have been visiting me occasionally.

"It is so bad that we do not even have the benefit of being treated in the clinic, I wish I can do more" Mary sulked clearing the towel she used in cleaning up my wound.

"You have done more than enough Mary" I groaned out quietly trying to console her, she has done more than enough for me these three days I have been on bed rest, I know the head maid also has a hand in why the chef, Falcon and supervisor have not come for my head for missing my duties.

"I cannot wait for you to be fine, work feels more stressful when you are not there."

"I will be up and ready soon, have you forgotten I am a hard rock to crack" I joked, and she smiled as she helped me to a sitting position.

"That is the Fayre I know, I was just worried since you have had this sad smile on since we saw you in the cell" she said.

"There is nothing to be worried about, I am perfectly fine."

I am far from fine, but she does not need to know that, yes, I am in physical pain but that is little compared to how I feel deep down.
My heart feels so heavy. I feel drained and I am literarily standing on a thin ice at the moment, any little push and I am falling to my misery. Any little push and I'm scared I will do something I am not meant to do.

"I will come back to check on you, I need to get back to the kitchen now" she said and I nodded smiling slightly at her.

She helped me lay back down on the bed and made me comfortable before she left for work again.

Leaving me alone to my thoughts.

Is this how we humans are going to keep living our lives, being slaves for these supernatural beings for eternity, being their toys to order around and use all our lives?

We have better things to be used for, to live for than just run errands.

I was brought out of my thought when I heard the sound of the door being opened.
"Mary?" I asked.

"I was expecting anything but this" A familiar voice said seconds before the owner of the voice came into view, it is so stressful when you cannot move your body anyhow you want it.
"Octavius" I said surprised.

"I thought you would have forgotten my name" he said sitting on the chair Mary was before.
"And why would I?" I asked staring at him shyly.

"I am just teasing you my lady" he said laughing.

"How did you know where to find me and what brings you here?" I asked adjusting my position gently.

"It easier to find the poor servant who was beaten up by mistake" he said and I looked at him slightly offended.

"That is what everyone has been talking about" he said raising his hands up trying to defend himself, and that when I saw it.

The unique bracelet worn by only the members of the royal family, filled with royal blue beads with their initials giving to them at birth.
My smile dropped as I stared at him, so he is one of them.

"Why are you here?" I asked and his smile dropped at my cold tone. I disliked the royals before but now I bared hatred for them, especially their king. I was beate for an offence I knew nothing about, thrown out and locked up because they found it entertaining to scare we humans with their beasts. The moment the first whip touched me, I made my decision.
I will rather die than bow down or respect any of those heartless people.

"Did I do anything to offend you?" He asked confused at my sudden change.

"What offence can your royal highness commit, I'm just a lowly servant" I mocked, and realization crossed his face.

"I did not want you to find out" he said and I scoffed.

"Why are you here?" I asked again.

"I heard about what happened, I needed to come and check on you" he explained.

"And whose fault is it that I am lying here?"

"You cannot possibly blame me for my brothers mistake, I was not even there in the royal hall, nor did I give orders to punish you, if anything I helped you" he said trying to make me see reasoning.

"You have no reason to explain anything to me, why don't you drop your act and show your true color" I said facing away from him, to show that I am done talking.

"I did not expect this from you, you judge me without even trying to know me" he said and that sparked my anger, I sat up to face him, ignoring the tearing pain and the trickle of blood flowing down my back.

"Well sorry to crush your expectations your royal highness, you do not know me neither do you know any human here, yet you use us like you knew we were born as your slaves, you do not know me so do not expect anything more from me" I yelled out, tears making my gaze blurry.

"This isn't just about you, is it?" he asked gently.

"I would love to be alone" I said facing away from him, the pain from my back slightly trickling in.

"I brought this along to treat your wounds, it is from the royal physician" he said bringing out a tonic I did not notice before.

"Why should I accept something from your kind?"

"You will have more energy to hate us when you are well" he shrugged and left the tonic by my table before leaving after getting one last look at me.

Was I too harsh?

I just needed someone to release my anger at and he came at the right time.

Maybe he is different, I was expecting him to throw me back in prison but he gave me medicine to treat my wounds instead.