CHAPTER 9: LUNCH WITH THE KING

I am tired of this everyday struggling, I just want a day of peace, were I will be free the whole day.
I am once again in the shadow of the throne, this time, it is filled with just the royal family sipping tea and chatting, I made sure not to make eye contact with anyone, I do not want a repeat of what happened before, I need to survive to witness human freedom.

"Brother, I heard you killed Lord Tharius because of a human" a bored female voice said, that will be one of the princesses. Lord please if you are real, let this matter not come bouncing back to my head.

"And?" the King asked with the same level of boredom as his sister, he does not seem to be bored though, because staying behind his throne with my face down, I saw the slight clench of his fist.

"So you admit you killed him because of a human?" asked one of the prince, I need to learn their names now that I have to face them often.

"I do not owe any of you an explanation" said the King.

"Of course you don't" said the Princess who asked the question scoffing.

"I never liked Lord Tharius anyways, he was too full of himself, brother did us a favor by killing him" said a familiar voice, Octavius.

"Is there any of those scrawny rats that's not full of himself" someone said, I really can't keep up with the royal family, they are too much.

"Son, when will you leave for the yearly ball, the North is holding the ball this year and I heard they have beautiful girls with excellent powers" said the Queen mother.

"I will leave in two days, and I am going there for official duties not to go and look at pretty ladies" the King said.

"You need to search for your queen" Queen mother said with a slight angry tone.

"I have other things to worry about, mother" The King said clenching his fist once again.

"Finding a wife is important too" she yelled, well this is getting awkward, can they dismiss us so we don't have to see this family drama.

"Do not yell" The King growled in a quiet and scary way causing the Queen mother to apologize, it was no news that the King hated noise and no one is allowed to yell, not even his mother.

"The brother I know would have just walked out, why is he still here" said the princess and it was quiet for a bit before the King spoke.

"A drink" the King murmured making me move quickly to the bar side and I went in front of him to fill the goblet in his hand, I am so tempted to raise my gaze and I can't help but fill my curiosity as I slowly looked up at him, it took me by surprise to find him already staring at me.

He raised an eyebrow, tilted his head sideways a little and eyed the goblet taking me back to the task at hand, I filled it quickly and returned to my position.

I think now I have to learn to always concentrate, what if I messed up again, my head will really be on a silver platter or maybe a wooden plate.

"Get me a maid to serve my food in my chamber" the King said staring at the head maid who was standing by the door, they seem to share a nonverbal word before he left the room, his goblet in hand.

The head maid quietly walked to me.
"Go to the kitchen and bring up his highness' food to his room" she said.

"Yes head maid" I said bowing with a confused face, there is a maid for that, why did she have to ask me to do it.

I walked out quietly, making sure to not raise my head till I was out of the room and down a few steps.

I breath in a sigh of relief before going down the steps quickly and into the kitchen.

"Well well well, look who we have here" Chef Falcon said as soon as he sighted me.

"Head Chef, I was asked to bring up his majesty's food" I said bringing my eyes to his knees.

"Why? That is the job of a higher leveled maid" he said tsking.

"I was ordered by the head maid"

"Hmm, Jhonny give her the basket containing the King's lunch" he said to a cook before walking off.

He handed the basket over to me and I thanked him before leaving the Kitchen hurriedly, not before waving at Mary who smiled back at me.

It took me close to fifteen minutes before I got to the King's chamber door where I am now being checked by the guards, they gave me the go ahead to enter as they opened the door for me.

This is my first time entering his chamber and it looks quite simple but expensive, I did not waste time to look around and I walked quickly to his lounge. He was sitting there still sipping from his goblet.

"Your highness" I called and he waved me in without looking at me, rude much!

I quietly arranged the food on the table in front of him and when I was done, I stood up straight not knowing what next to do.

"Sit" he ordered finally looking at me and I raised an eyebrow just like he did back at the royal hall, I don't know where I always get this confidence whenever I am alone with him.

"Why?" I asked and he smirked, flashing me his red eyes before repeating his order, well that creeped me out, so I decided to sit.

"I am only sitting because I feel like" I murmured as I sat.

"Now before you start eating, how many times do I have to lecture you that you need to always stay out of trouble" he said staring me down.

"I didn't even get into any trouble today, and what do you mean by before I start eating?" I asked.

"You have been standing all day, I needed to feed you" he said making me raise an eyebrow and I stared at the varieties of food fit for a King sitting in front of me.

"Well I'll eat the food, only because I want to" I said.

"I like that you didn't fight me on this because if you do, you won't win" he said smirking.

"Why are you looking out for me, I thought you disliked me?" I asked and I saw the playful look on his face flicker.

"Why did you look me in the eyes today, don't you learn?" he asked avoiding my question.

"It was you I looked at" I said while picking up a grape and throwing it into my mouth.

"I am the scariest of them all princess" he said looking a little bit worried.

"I only get scared when you're all serious and scary, I don't know why but you don't scare me when you are not showing your attitude" I said, talking more to myself as it seems I'm just figuring it out too.

"I can see" he whispered.

"Where is Orion, I haven't seen him in a while?" I asked and he cleared his throat before putting food in a plate and giving it to me.

"You are the only person I've seen who is not scared of my dragon"

"I wonder why too" I said shrugging while putting food into my mouth, I moaned at the taste, I never imagined I'll have a taste of what the royals eat too.

"I'm going on a trip in two days and you would be coming with me" he said making me look up at him and he seems to be enjoying watching me eat as I caught him with a faint smile on his face.

"Am I your personal maid now?" I asked.

"Do you want to be?"

"I don't mind if I get to enjoy eating this type of food everyday" I said seriously.

"Granted then, take your time eating and return to your room" he said switching up to his King mode before walking away into his room, this man surely is bipolar.

I don't know why he is being nice to me or why I seem not to be scared of him but if being friends with the King will keep me from dyeing then I do not mind.

Octavius seems to think I'm hallucinating anytime I tell him about his brother, and he always seem to be in a bad mood when he is around other people, but he seem to enjoy my company.

Supernatural people are generally not nice people, there must be something he needs from me.

But what could the King of supernaturals ever need from me!