CHAPTER 18: HER SCREAM

I looked at the woman who called my name and it felt like I was looking at the older version of myself.

Luca came to me and held my body protectively, which I appreciate because my legs are getting weak.

"Queen Yasmin I asked if you were sure she stole" Luca growled and the red haired queen stuttered while moving behind the King for protection. If that's the Queen, then who is the other woman.

The King was now staring at me too, at this stage I want the ground to just swallow me.

"How do you know my name?" I finally asked the woman in a meek voice, I shouldn't be talking among royals but I want to know.

"How will I ever forget the name of my child" she said tears now falling from her eyes and the king was looking confused but at the same time emotional.

"But she died" the King whispered.

"You're mistaken, I'm not your child" I said leaning on Luca who is taking all of my weight.

"We will return to the room now, I hope my remaining stay here is peaceful and my people are not accused of theft when they are actually almost raped" Luca said in annoyance but I'm glad he got my sign that I wanted to leave there.

"You were almost raped" the white haired woman sobbed covering her mouth with her hand. She can't be my mother, I was found as a baby by head maid Victoria, and even if she is, she definitely didn't want me, that's why she left me by the road to die.

I silently walked away with Luca but the King's voice stopped us before we reached the door.

"She's your mate, isn't she?" He said and Luca's hand tightened around my shoulder but he kept walking taking me along with him.

I looked up at him but he was stone faced and looking straight ahead.
This trip isn't going as planned at all and I haven't even spent a day here. We reached Luca's room in silence and as soon we were in, I left his comfort and went to sit on the bed.

He went into the bathroom to clean himself and came back to sit on the couch opposite the bed, finally looking at me.

"Are you really human?" He asked and I don't know why that question irked me so much but he looks eager to hear I'm not.

"Am I really your mate?" I asked.

"Yes" he said quietly and my heart jumped, so that's why I'm special, it's the mate bond, if we didn't share the mare bond, he would have never noticed me.

"When did you find out?" I asked again.

"Five years ago" he sighed answering truthfully.
He knew I was his mate, for five years and I'm just knowing now.

"I never saw you until few months ago" I said in confusion.

"I was always worried about how you never noticed the predator always in your shadow" he said, a crease forming between his brows as he took a thoughtful look.

"You've been watching me for years but never approached me, why?" I asked. I have a feeling where this is going to lead to but I want to know.

He looked at me and he seem hesitant to answer. He didn't approach me because I'm human, he probably thought I was useless, well I'm useless.

Tears well up in my eyes, up until this moment I was numb, I was too calm for someone who was almost defiled but now I'm having mixed emotions. I want to let out my tears, I want to shout out my anger but who am I to do that, I'm just a filthy maid.

A knock sounded and he stood up to open it, it was the King and the white haired woman, the man who saved me was with them with two other men who looked like the King.

"Can we please see her?" The woman asked.

"First Queen Nuria, I don't think that's a good idea" Luca said, so she's a queen too. Luca isn't in the best spot to make decisions for me right now, he is just like them. He left me for years but now wants to be in my life.

"Come in" I choked out and Luca turned to look at me but I avoided his eyes, he looks at me like he's staring into my soul and my soul is not in it best shape.

They all came in and Queen Nuria came to sit beside me on the bed, her eyes are red from crying and fresh tears were still falling.

"We thought you were dead" she started, trying her best to keep her cries at bay but I just raised an eyebrow.

"When I had you, you were like a breath of fresh air in the palace, the first Princess of the Land of Fair, you were loved by everyone and you were one of the smartest little girl I've ever seen, I was so proud to be your mother, your brothers wouldn't stop gushing about you to everyone" she explained and I looked to the two men who looked like the King, one was having a stoic and calculating look while the other just looked like he wanted to crush me in a hug. I feel bad for them really, I must look like their dead daughter.

"Your father called you sunshine because you were his light, but this day, a war broke out, everyone was panicking and you were meant to be in the safe room with the other children but you were no where to be found, we only found your dress tainted with blood, it broke me, my poor baby, you were just four, I don't know what happened or how you survived but I'm glad you did" she said holding on to my hands and I looked at Luca who was also looking at me.

"I'm sorry about your loss but I am not your dead daughter" I said taking my hands away from hers, I might look like her due to whatever reason I don't know about but she lost her daughter when she was four, I was found by the head maid as a baby and they are supernaturals and I am human.

"What?" She asked

"I was found as a baby and I'm human, it's impossible for me to be your lost daughter" I said and I could see thoughts running through their heads, she was panicking, she didn't want to believe.

"But I named you Fayre" she cried holding onto my hands again and a sharp pain suddenly ran through my head, it gave me a splitting headache.

.......
"Fayre, Fayre" someone was calling as I ran

"Catch me mama" I called laughing

"Stop running, you'll fall"
.......

And the voice faded away while I kept hearing a loud ring at the same time trying to catch my breath.

"What is happening?" I heard a voice but it sounded far away.

"She's having a panic attack" someone answered.

I am panicking, what was that? I pulled at my hair trying to get the ring to stop. A protective hand wrapped around me stopping my hands from pulling my hair painfully and I knew immediately it was Luca.

I didn't even realize I was standing away from the bed until he steadies me against the wall and shield my body with his away from others in the room.

"Eyes on me Fayre, no one else, focus on me and breath" he instructs in a low murmur and I look up at him trying to focus on him and ignore the ring in my ear but it was hard.

"I can't —" I whimper "I feel like I need to scream" carrying his eyes between the tears in mine, he nods, then he gathers me into his chest and I have no idea what he is doing as he presses my face into his robe.

Until his deep voice whispers against the top of my head. "Okay, scream"

Author's note: This chapter is dedicated to all of my readers who take time to read and vote, I love you all.
Please don't forget to comment your opinions too. Xoxo