CHAPTER 8: THE TALK

"Your highness, the vampires need humans, they are running low on supply of blood" a Lord said.

Here I am again doing this ridiculous job and having to stand here listening to these dimwits trashing and talking about humans like we are objects.

"True your highness, for a while now we have not been receiving new humans in the Vamp city" a man with pale white skin said.

"It was my order to stop the supply" the King said, and I raised an eyebrow.

"May I ask why, your highness?" the pale man said.

"You may not Tarius, the palace will be supplying your city with blood every month from blood donors" the King said which surprised me, this is a first. How I would love to know why.

"But your grace, isn't it easier to just supply them humans" the first Lord said.

"Are you questioning my authority" the King said in a low tone silencing the man.
Pft, pussy!

"Does anyone have something meaningful to report?" the King asked.

The room was silent, it almost like they knew he was getting pissed off, so no one has the ego.

I have been serving in this hall for close to three weeks now and all I can say his all these Lords are pussies, they act all high and mighty with us servants but when they are here, they turn to scared little cats.

The reason I am assigned here, I still do not understand, I hardly do any work here, I have just always been in the shadow of the throne, only once in a while do I get called upon to most likely serve drinks.

The dragons haven't been here too, not that I mind in fact I am joyous, those beastly creatures scare me except one who I think I have been missing for a while, the scariest of them all who surprisingly I am not scared of anymore.

"Your highness, it is not smart to piss of the vampires just because of these filthy humans, I do not know why the rules changed but you used to hate humans a lot too" Tarius said as he looked around the room watching the humans with this creepy look. I made a mistake of getting lost in my thoughts, I did not have the time to lower my eyes to his feet before his eyes met mine, he smirked before advancing slowly towards me.

"They are birthed for us to prey on them" he said taking slow steps towards me, I discreetly looked around if there is anything that can save me from this coming predator but who am I kidding.

"Stand down Tarius" the King said tensed.

"Why your highness, are you trying to protect them now? Her?" he said as he stopped in front of me putting me in a choke hold. I struggled to breathe as I rapidly looked around, scared for my life.

I looked at the king pleadingly.

"Help me"

For a second, I saw pain in his eyes then it was gone, and, in a moment, air rushed into my lungs before blood splashed everywhere.

Everything happened within five seconds, and I looked wide eyed at the lifeless person lying in front of me, it took a while for me to process what happened before I screamed bloody murder, I fell on my rear in shock.

I looked up to see the King with blood in his hands looking at me coldly before facing away.

"Any more questions?" he asked more like stated daring anyone to try testing him again.

When there seem to be no one brave enough, he walked out, his movement accompanied with power and I watched, my hands to my sore neck.

The Lords all walked out in shock and confusion, probably wondering what the heavens just happened in the hall.

We maids got to action by cleaning the hall and when I was done, I was free for the day.

I slowly walked back to my quarters thinking about my pathetic life, these days I have been getting too close to getting myself killed.

It felt like some forces want me dead because I do not understand how I always end up with one issue or another.

My thought got interrupted when a hand clamped over my mouth and pushed me into an unknown dark room.

I struggled against my captor, wondering who is trying to rid me of this life now.

"Calm down, it is me" a familiar voice said, and I relaxed on instinct. When my body decided to trust him unknowingly to me is what I do not understand.

"Your highness" I mumbled as his hand was still over my mouth, realizing this, he dropped his hand and turned me to face him why vigorously checking my neck.

"What are you doing?" I asked confused and he dropped his hands quickly like my skin burnt him.

"Did he hurt you?" he asked whispering instead of answering my question.

"Why are you whispering in your palace?" I asked.

"It is rude to answer a question with a question you know" he said scowling down at me in the dimly lit room. Now that I look around, why are we in the storage room, again.

"I asked you a question first though" I said smugly and when he raised an eyebrow, I was quickly reminded of who was standing in front of me and I apologized immediately.

"You really need to learn to stay out of trouble" he said sighing.

"It was not my fault he thought us as food" I murmured, and he chuckled.

"Why didn't you look down " he asked

"I was lost in my thoughts" I admitted.

"Lost in your thoughts, look you don't get lost in thoughts when you're in front of a predator, especially not in this Palace" he scolded making me glare at him.

"And whose fault is that, your highness?" I mocked. He was the one who made the rules anyway, so they are all following his orders.

"Are you blaming me now, for heaven's sake, I saved you!" He said bewildered.

"Why are you even helping me?" I asked making him look like a deer caught in the act, the look looks funny on him.

"What do you mean?" He asked looking away.

"I mean I'm just a servant in your palace, but I seem to be getting extra attention from your highness this day" I stated the fact, he cleared his throat straightening his stance before looking me in the eye.

"I'll do whatever I want" he pouted like a child before walking out in a hurry.

Of course, you'll do whatever you want.

You're the king!