CHAPTER 19: ALLERGY

I was finally getting better with the help of Luca, every other person in the room just stayed frozen wherever they were. They were trying not to spook me and have me get another attack.

"Do you want them to leave, it's late and you need to rest" Luca asked and I nodded. I feel bad for them really but I just need space to think. I feel so caged at the moment.

"I will come check on you in the morning" Queen Nuria said, she moved closed to me about to touch me but I flinched. I don't know what her touch did to me the last time but I don't want to experience it again.

She retracted her hand before it got to me and smiled sadly before ushering everyone out of the room and closing the door behind her. I breath a sigh of relief and slagged against Luca, I didn't realize I was so tensed up.

"You okay?" He asked.

"I should go and joined the rest of the maids" I said gathering my strength to stand alone and trying to leave the comfort of his hands.

"You will stay here" he said turning my body to face his as he looked down at me.

"Why? I can freely stay here now that I know?" I asked and he swallowed.

"Let me explain" he begged.

"Okay" I said

"I was scared, you are human" he said sighing.

"So I was right, how scary can it get for your mate to be human, do you hate humans that much?" I said, my voice thick from me trying to hold my tears.

"No, that is not what I meant" he said quickly before sighing again and helping me to sit on the bed, he pulled a stool and sat in front of me while covering my hands with his.

"So explain to me, so I can stop thinking you're being forced to be with me"

"Forced?" He asked with a confused look.

"By the maté bond" I answered.

He chuckled, licking his pink juicy lips that almost got me distracted.

"The first time I saw you at the garden, it was so hard not going there to pick you and lock you in my room with me forever, you captivated both mine and Orion's attention. But you are human, and frail and innocent, that is very dangerous in this cruel world, the word of you being my mate to the wrong ears and a Vampire will suck you dry, or a warewolf will break your bones. It was very scary to me, so I thought the best way for me to protect you was to stay away from you" he explained melting my heart in the process.

"And now?" I asked.

"I'll protect you with all I have till I take my last breath" he said as he held my hands tighter like he was afraid I'll pull away but he doesn't have to worry because I'm going nowhere.

I smiled at him before moving close and placing my lips on his. I missed the feeling of his lips on mine.

He took control and kissed me deeper, his tongue diving into my mouth as he occasionally bit my lower lip sexily, that sent tingles down to my toes. His hand came to my head and one around my waist as he laid me on the bed and came on top of me. His hand left my waist to support his strength and he kissed me deeper.

He stopped and I was disappointed but he just smiled while covering me with the blanket.

"You've had a long day, you need to sleep" he said kissing my forehead before lying beside me and cuddling me to his chest.

"Okay goodnight" I said smiling, I might have had a long and bad day but this moment I'm happy.

"Goodnight, I'm sorry" he whispered and I just hummed, the tiredness getting to me.