♡ CCXVIII ♡

Hiii friends! Sorry for the bit later in the day update, but a Friday update nonetheless!!

I unfortunately didn't get many likes on last chapter so just in case you have missed the update and haven't read it yet, be sure to first check out last chapter!! 

Thank you for being here again. Been writing quite a lot bc I was sick this week which makes me excited! Love writing and love this story and love these characters and love you guys. ♥️🫶🏻🥹

Please enjoy this chapter. I'd love to hear what you think!! Thank you for being here & definitely let me know your thoughts if you want to and can!! And please don't forget to leave a like ♥️

Enjoy!

Word count: 3656

~~

As they got back to the apartment, they got into their cuddling position as Tyler played his game. Neither of them wanted to sleep, 'cause sleeping felt like a waste of time. Neither wanted to give any time that they could spend together, awake, up. They really didn't. They wanted to use as many of that as they possible could to spend it together.

They talked as Tyler played the game; both about the game as well as the songs, the past days, Tyler's nightmares, their days together, Steve, Lucas, Josh's friends. They stayed up until it was 6:30 AM, when Tyler saw that Josh was drifting off but he wanted Josh to be comfortable when he did. He turned the game off and lead Josh to the bedroom where he got him nice and comfy under the duvets. Tyler wanted to get up and leave the room, as he figured he'd just pull an all-nighter because he'd slept quite a bit earlier, but then Tyler felt Josh's hand on his wrist.

"P-please stay", Josh muttered, trying to keep his eyes open but they kept drifting close. "Please", he whispered.

Tyler felt like Josh was pulling at his heart strings, and there was no way Tyler could say no. "Of course baby", he softly replied. He let go of Josh to slip his shirt and pants off once he toed his shoes off, then when he was just in his boxers he slipped under the covers next to Josh and he moved closer, his torso against Josh's back as he spooned him from behind.

Josh noticed and sleepily, he turned his head towards Tyler, unable to open his eyes anymore. "G'night", Josh muttered, then he sleepily pursed his lips a little bit towards Tyler, and his heart felt heavy. He felt so conflicted, he didn't know what to do, but Josh didn't seem to back down. Tyler didn't even think Josh was truly realizing what he was doing, too tired to notice and actually register it. He couldn't imagine Josh doing this if he was fully aware of what he was doing. Tyler took a shaky sigh before he quickly pecked Josh's lips, softly, their lips barely even touching as he did, and it only lasted for a split second, but he saw a sleepy smile form on Josh's lips before he turned his head back as he got comfortable again.

Tyler sighed softly as he rested his head on the pillow, wrapping his arm around Josh tightly as he spooned him. "Good night baby", Tyler softly said as he kissed Josh's shoulder.

Josh was already asleep the moment he said it, and Tyler felt that his heart was heavy. He didn't know what to do; he didn't want to take advantage of Josh if it turned out he was actually into him. But Tyler had no right to assume Josh was; he very easily did these things with his soulmates himself. Why would he assume any different of Josh? He just... couldn't imagine Josh being this way with everyone, all of his friends. And he couldn't imagine Josh doing this way when he was usually so shy and anxious and afraid of doing something wrong. But maybe Tyler read it all wrong and Josh didn't mean anything by it.

Tyler just didn't know, but he didn't wanna assume things about Josh.

And while he didn't think he would, because his mind was loud and he wasn't tired at all, somehow Tyler also drifted off to sleep after a while.