♡ CCXXIX ♡

Hello hello helloooo friends! New chapter!

So last chapter broke all of our hearts a lil bit bc Joshie left and I made you wait extra long for this one by uploading it on Friday lol I'm sorry 😭 but we're back with the next chapter!!

I'm seeing TOP in 3 days 🥹 absolutely insane haha. Went from waiting for my next TOP show for 12 months to waiting for only 3 more days now. I'm so excited, and so anxious, and worried, but stoked, Ahh I'm all over the place. Having to arrange a trip like this on such short notice is tough!! But it's gonna be so worth it 🫶🏻

Please enjoy this chapter ♥️ I'll try to upload wed and Fri again but since I'll still be in London on Friday I might not be able to, but I'll try!

Thank you for your support, can't wait to hear your thoughts and see your votes ♥️

Word count: 2901

~~

"Oh man", Tyler said softly. "He's really gone huh."

"Yeah", Lucas sighed softly. "Our boy's back to LA", he said. Tyler bit his lip. "...maybe we uh- we should wait, y'know, until we're for sure he's... he's there, I mean, that his flight's there and all", he said. "'Cause- last time, you- do you remember last time? He messed up with the time and he missed his- the flight, y'know", Tyler said. "We should... wait, right?" Tyler asked as he looked at his soulmates, Tylre's eyesbrows furrowed together as he talked to them, and some type of hope visible on his face.

It kind of broke Steve and Lucas' heart, seeing how Tyler was struggling with this, hoping Josh would somehow be coming back to them within a few minutes. Josh had left, but Tyler couldn't let it go until he knew for sure. He still seemed to secretly hold on to the hope that Josh would not actually be leaving yet.

"Of course we can wait baby, we can wait", Lucas assured him. "Why don't you ask Joshie to text you when he's there and for sure knows it'll be the right flight and time and all?" Lucas asked. Tyler wanted to nod, when suddenly people interrupted them; they'd recognized Tyler and Steve and were asking for a picture. Tyler didn't wanna disappoint them, but he looked at Lucas. "Go ahead, I'll check on him okay?" Lucas said. Tyler nodded, then he posed with the people for the picture as Lucas sent Josh a text.

Not too much later, he received a text from Josh back. He saw Tyler was distracted, looking at Josh, and Steve was mainly leading the conversation but trying to round it up. As he did, Tyler was immediately next to Lucas again, and Steve followed soon after. "He's walking to his gate and the flight is happening", Lucas said. "Are you sure? Did he say that?" Tyler asked. Lucas showed him the text Josh said, and he noticed how Tyler's shoulders softly slumped a little bit.

"Great, that- yeah, that's good", Tyler said instead, which was the opposite of what his body language showed. "Let's... go to the car, yeah?" Lucas said, and Tyler nodded. "Yeah, 'course", he said, clearing his throat as he pulled the hood of his hoodie further over his head. He looked down, not wanting anyone else to spot them, and they were able to make it out without any disruptions. As he heard someone wonder is that Tyler Joseph? Tyler just continued and didn't pay any attention to or show his face any more. He just wanted to get out of there.

As they walked to the car, Steve noticed the soft sniffle from behind him and as he looked over his shoulder, he saw that Tyler hadn't been able to stay strong any longer as he saw his tear stained cheeks. "Oh baby", Steve said as he opened his arms and Tyler walked right in. His crying became a little louder, sniffling and breath hitching as he clung on to his soulmate.

"I know it's tough baby, I know", Steve whispered softly. "Josh means a lot to you, hm? Your buddy, who understands you", he softly said. Tyler nodded. "H-he does, he- he understands", he sniffled. Steve pressed a kiss on Tyler's hair. "You're not losing him, baby. Your buddy's going nowhere. He's always close, you can always reach out. He's just going back to LA but you'll see him much more often baby and you'll be able to call and text him whenever you want", he said. He was trying to assure Tyler that this was not the end, and he hoped that this helped in convincing Tyler to keep it up and actually do as he promised Josh, instead of going back to self sabotaging and completely pushing Josh out again.