First Ever Raas

As the dance practice resumed, couples gradually joined in one by one. Radha, who was sitting and observing the dancing pairs, was approached by Krishn. He expressed his nervousness about the upcoming competition and asked Radha to be his partner since they were friends now. However, Radha politely declined, as she had already promised Ayaan to be his partner. Krishn accepted her decision with a smile.

While Ayaan smirks at him from behind and whispers, "get ready to lose". And krishn gives a smile.

As Radha and Ayaan prepared to practice their dance routine, they were interrupted by Krishn who suddenly announced that he decided to perform single in the competition.
Radha questions, "It's a duet dance, how can you dance alone?" Krishn responds, "I don't have a partner, so I might as well dance solo instead of giving up." Radha looks at him with sympathy, while Ayaan eyes Krishn suspiciously. Everyone heads back to their homes as it's late and eagerly awaits for the dawn of a new day.
------------------------
In the chambers of Krishn, Balram inquires, "Kahna, Radha has chosen to dance with Ayaan. Meanwhile, you have also challenged Ayaan to win the competition with Radha by your side. How do you plan to achieve this?"

"Put faith in me dau, With my presence Radha can never dance with anybody else. Even if she attemps, her heart wouldn't allow it. After all, eternally radha has only did raas with me and only me" krishn assures.

"Whatever you say, kahna"
-------------
Morning breaks, mela(fare) begins in the market with a swing. People buy and sell goods in every corner. With kids playing and elders chatting, the atmosphere is lively and buzzing with activity. The smell of street food fills the air as vendors cook up delicious meals to sell to the hungry crowd. The sound of laughter and bargaining can be heard throughout the market as everyone enjoys the hustle and bustle of the mela. It's a perfect start to the day, full of energy and excitement.

Radha along with her sakhis is buying some jewellery while krishn admiring her from afar.

As time passed, the afternoon arrived and the dance competition began. Each couple performed one after the other, each performance better than the last. When it was Krishn's turn, he entered the stage alone. Vrishbhan asked him, "Why are you alone, Putr?" Krishn replied, "I don't have a partner. I'm just here to have fun, let me participate." Everyone smiled and gave him their blessing to go on.

Krishn slowly took out the flute from his waist and started playing it. The melody mesmerized everyone, but Radha couldn't help but smile and tap her foot to the rhythm. Unable to resist any longer, Radha ran onto the stage and danced to the tune.

Witnessing this, Balram's face lit up while Ayaan became enraged. As the tune came to an end, Radha stood still in her spot, questioning what she had just done. She looked at Krishn suddenly, and they both felt the connection and danced together.
While dancing together, Radha caught a fleeting glimpse of her life with Krishn in Goloka performing Raas, filling her with love and joy. Though she couldn't fully understand what she saw, she continued to dance with increasing happiness, finally resting in Krishna's embrace.

As the raas of RadhaKrishn unfolded before their eyes, the audience was captivated by its beauty. They erupted into applause and admiration as Radha came back to reality. Vrishbhan inquired if anyone wanted to perform next, but there was silence. Radha glanced apologetically at Ayaan before he stormed off in frustration.

Radha follows Ayaan out while krishn looks at her and thinks, 'Our first ever raas, i can't express how happy i am, Radhe,'

Radha calls out Ayaan's name as he exits, causing him to pause and confront her. "Why did you betray me, Radha? You promised to perform with me. How could you go back on your word?"
"I'm sorry, Ayaan. I don't know what came over me. It was as if I was under a spell, drawn towards Krishn."
"Stop making excuses, Radha," Ayaan responds.
"You're right, I apologize for breaking your trust. Please forgive me," Radha says before walking away, leaving Ayaan alone.
--------
Radha contemplates in solitude about how she was drawn into the melody of Krishna's flute and the glimpses she saw in his eyes, wondering to herself, "What is happening to me?"

Balram inquires about Radha's well-being, asking, "Are you okay, Radha?"

Radha responds, "I'm not sure, Dau. I feel like I'm losing my sanity. I keep witnessing peculiar visions in Krishn's eyes. They are nonsensical and unsettling, causing me anxiety."

Balram suggests, "Why not consult Krishn?"
Radha wonders, "Will he actually respond?"
"Why not give it a shot?" Balram proposes.
Radha nods and approaches Krishn. She spots him perched on a tree, munching on a mango. Radha calls out, "Krishn!" and he descends quickly.
"How may I assist you?" Krishn inquires.
"What did I see in your gaze?" Radha queries.
"What are you referring to?" Krishn questions.
"Quit pretending, you promised to divulge it later. Now is the appropriate time. Why not elucidate?" Radha commands.
"Alternatively, why not gaze into my eyes once more and see for yourself?" Krishn suggests.
"Alright, let's see it," Radha responds.

Krishn and Radha both take a step closer to each other until they are only one step apart. They stand facing each other and lock eyes. Radha gazes into Krishn's eyes, searching for a familiar picture, and finds it - the two of them sitting on a jhoola, sharing makhan.

Without warning, a voice calls out, "Radha," and Radha jolts out of her reverie, gripping her chest as her heart pounds wildly. She gazes at Krishna, who returns her gaze with love, yearning, and worry. Turning towards the voice, she sees Tulsi and hears her say, "Come, Radha, they're about to announce the results." Radha looks back at Krishna and murmurs, "Mayavi kahika" before turning away and leaving. Krishn speaks to himself, 'Maya nhi prem hai Radhe.'
_________
Upon their return, Radha and Krishn stand side by side, with Radha attempting to maintain a respectable distance between them.

Vrishbhan then declares, "Each year, we celebrate this fair and choose a couple as Lakshminarayan swaroop. This year is especially meaningful to me, as my beloved daughter has participated for the first time. I am proud to announce this year's winners are someone close to my heart... Radha and Krishn!" The crowd erupts in applause, but as Krishn beams at Radha, she avoids meeting his gaze. Vrishbhan continues, "This year's Lakshminarayan swaroop are Radha and Krishn. I ask everyone to take a break and return in the evening for the arthi ceremony honoring Lakshminarayan."

Everybody departure and Radha leaves ignoring krishn.

Ayaan, on the contrary, is filled with anger and approaches his mother, insisting that she follow through with the plan. Jatila then craftily pens a letter detailing the whereabouts of the people of Gokul and discreetly places it on the cart of tax milk and butter.
_______________

Please Vote the Story

Comment your thoughts as well.