Kheer

Radha mentions, "Now that we're friends, I'll swing by later to hang out. But for now, I need to go meet my friends."

Hearing her departure plans, Krishn hastily stands up and suggests, "Now that we're friends, how about spending some time with me?"

After a moment's consideration, Radha agrees, "Okay."

Krishn gently takes her hand and leads her to the jhoola.

Understanding his gesture, Radha takes a seat on the jhoola. Krishn sits beside her and starts playing the flute. Lost in the melody, Radha closes her eyes and unintentionally rests her head on his shoulder.

Krishn opens his eyes the moment she leans against him

Krishn opens his eyes the moment she leans against him. Though he continues playing the basuri, he can't contain the happiness he feels, hoping to treasure this moment forever, as it's been a long time since she's rested her head on his shoulder. He plays the flute more longingly by closing his eyes.

As the melody nears its conclusion, Krishn delicately lowers the flute from his lips, noticing Radha nestled asleep upon his shoulder. He discreetly motions for the gopis to depart, granting him a moment alone with Radha. Leaning in close, he rests his head over hers, closing his eyes in repose.Some time later, Radha stirs awake, her gaze meeting Krishn's. 'Did I truly doze off on his shoulder?' she thinks.
Krishn replies with a soft affirmation, "Yes".
Startled, Radha questions, "Can you hear my thoughts?"
Krishn chuckles, feigning ignorance, "Of course not."
As the sun sets, Radha reflects, "Was I truly asleep on your shoulder for the entire day?" Krishn nods silently, confirming her inquiry.

Touching her stomach, Radha reflects, 'I slept through the day without eating a morsel. No wonder I'm hungry. I could go for some kheer, my favorite'. Sensing her hunger through her thoughts, Krishn's concern is evident as he interjects, "Radhe, just a moment. I'm feeling hungry. Let me fetch something to eat." With that, he departs.

Krishn scours the area around Rishi Ashram nearby, stealthily gathering all the ingredients needed to make kheer. As he prepares the sweet dish, Radha watches with eager eyes, her hunger palpable.

Presenting the pot of freshly made kheer to Radha, she accepts it gratefully. With the first handful, her face lights up in delight, savoring the flavors of her favorite kheer. Krishn, noticing her joy, inquires, "Is it to your liking?" Radha nods happily and then offers, "Would you like some?"

Krishn nods in response. Radha scoops up a handful of kheer and extends it to him. Krishn accepts the offering, relishing each grain as it is fed to him by his beloved.

Radha resumes eating and remarks, "You wouldn't believe it, but I was just craving kheer. It's one of my absolute favorites."

Krishn responds with a knowing smile, "I figured".
Surprised by his statement, Radha questions, "How did you know?"
Krishn improvises, "I heard it from your friend, Sudevi".
Delighted by the revelation, Radha asks, "So, you made it for me?"
Krishn confirms, "Yes, I knew you hadn't eaten anything today, so I thought I'd make it in case you were hungry".
Expressing her gratitude, Radha says, "Thank you for going to such lengths to make my favorite food."

Radha rises, declaring, "Well, it's time for me to go. I've been away for the entire day. I'll return tomorrow with all my friends for another round of play." With that, she departs, leaving Krishn gazing affectionately after her.

----------------------------------

Arriving home, Radha finds her friends and her mother waiting for her. She apologizes, saying, "I'm so sorry, I completely lost track of time."

Noticing her arrival, Vishaka questions, "Why did you take so long? We were eager to play with you."

Kirthidha chimes in, "Where did you disappear to, leaving your friends behind, Radha?"
"I went to meet Krishn," Radha explains. "I got lost in the melody of his flute and ended up falling asleep. I only woke up after the sun had set".
Her mother observes, "You've been with Krishn for quite a while. It seems like you've patched things up and become friends again".
Radha confirms, "Yes, maa, we have."

Kirthidha instructs Radha's friends to take the day off, as the sun has already set, and suggests they play together tomorrow. She then departs to attend to her usual chores, leaving Radha alone with her friends.

Vishaka steps forward, her expression troubled. "You're acting strangely, Radha. Is Krishn more important to you than us?"

Radha reassures her, saying, "Of course not, Sakhi. Krishn is just as important to me as all of you are. Today was simply the beginning of our friendship, which is why I wanted to spend some time with him. But tomorrow, we can all play together."

Radha's sakhis forgive her and bid her farewell, expressing their anticipation for tomorrow's activities. Radha bids them goodbye, looking forward to their next meeting.

Balram, sensing Radha's activities, queries, "Kahna, Radha sees you only as a friend. What will become of you now?"
Krishn responds confidently, "Friendship is the seed of love, dau. Sooner or later, she will come to love me."

-----------------------

As night descends, Radha requests some milk from her mother. Kirthidha inquires about her intentions with the milk.
Radha explains, "I want to make makhan, Maa."
Kirthidha offers, "Makhan? I'll make it for you. Why go through the trouble yourself?"
Radha responds, "It's for Krishn. He loves makhan so much. Today, he made kheer for me with his own hands, and I wanted to return the gesture by making Makhan myself."
Kirthidha smiles at her daughter's dedication and provides her with some milk.

As everyone heads off to bed, Radha stays awake, busily whisking milk to prepare Makhan.

At his own home, Krishn, aware that Radha is making Makhan for him, is filled with joy.

As Radha fills the pot with Makhan and seals the lid, Krishna feels a twinge of disappointment that she didn't taste it beforehand, as he always cherished the Makhan tasted by her in Goloak.

Then, as if reading Krishn's thoughts, Radha opens the lid once more, utters to herself, "how about I taste a bit to ensure it's delicious?"

She dips her finger into the Makhan, tastes it, and declares it delicious, while Krishn watches her with admiration from his house.

Taking the Makhan with her, she retreats to her chambers, eagerly anticipating the next day when she can give it to Krishn.

Ayaan catches sight of Radha making Makhan from a corner, fueling his rage and jealousy as he perceives them growing closer.

Fuming with anger, he storms back to his home, retrieves an eagle from its cage in his room, writes a letter detailing Krishn's activities, and dispatches the eagle to Maharaj Kans to deliver the message.
_______________________

Don't forget to vote.
Comment your thoughts on the story.