chapter 21 - news and pre party

I woke up from the sound of a mess in the kitchen. Tara's voice yelling, Johnnie laughing and Jake screaming "ROOTBEER". What the hell ia going on in my kitchen??
I drag myself out of bed, checking the time on my phone.
12.35pm.
I walk out to the kitchen and see Tara, Jake and Johnnie trying to cook food while making a mess.

"good morning to you guys to" I say
"You're finally awake?" Tara asks, overlord dramatic.
"You guys woke me up from my beauty sleep" I joke.
"We made waffles" Johnnie says as he smiles at me.
"Oooh that's so good" I smile back, hugging him.

I help them finish the cooking and we sit down on the couch to eat there.
"Uhmm y/n.." Tara says, oddly slow and awkward.
"Yeah?" I reply.
"Me and Jake got some news" she blurts out, looking down at her lap.
"tell me?" I say, comforting.
"Me and Tara talked things through yesterday and decided to get back together" Jake fills her in.
"Yeah" Tara says back, looking relived.
"Oh my god that's amazing!!!" I yell happily.
"I found out this morning too, I'm in shock" Johnnie laughs.
We kept on eating our waffles, chatting about everything and nothing.

I picked up my phone again and decided to see how my video was doing.
75k views, 20k likes and 4k comments.
I scroll through the comments, admiring the nice things people say.
User1: she looks so pretty
User2: her voice is so sweet omg
User3: she's gorgeous
User4: I'd die to look like her

I like every single one of them. I kept scrolling down and came across some mean comments that really got stuck in my head.
User5: who does she think she is?
User6: Johnnie deserves someone way prettier
User7: LMAO pick me

even though it was mostly nice comments the hate really got stuck in my head, I didn't think people were so mean. Well I know that people would get hate but I thought it was only for the ones that were like, cancelled?

The others are still happily talking and laughing but I can't seem to listen to what they're saying, I put my phone down and stare into nothingness. Why does hate get me like this? The comments are spinning in my head, maybe this was I had idea? I know how sensitive I am. I shouldn't have done this.
" are you alright?" Johnnie asks, breaking my thoughts.
"Yeah I'm fine" I say, fake smiling at him.
"Really?" He asks again, looking at me with comforting eyes. I hate lying to him but I can't be some cry baby who's all sad after reading like three hate comments.
I nod, fake smiling again.
"I'll go to the bathroom real quick, I'll be back" I excuse myself and leave towards the bathroom.
I get in there, lock the door and sit down at the floor.
I grab my phone again, reading even more comments.
User8: wth she's weird
User9: why does she think she's famous??
User10: she's screaming pick me girl.
A tear rolls down my cheek as I keep on reading, I know I shouldn't but the need to know what people say is extreme. Maybe they are right?
My thoughts are causing me to cry even more. Tears escaping my eyes as I drag my knees up to my chest and put my head between them.
I bet I sit like that for a good ten minutes before I heard a soft knock on the door.
"Are you okay in there?" Johnnie asks though the door with a soft, gentle voice.
"Y-yeah" I sniffle.
"Let me in y/n" He says softly.

I get up from the floor and walk over to the door, unlocking it.
He opens a the door and sees my red, puffy face from all the tears and pulls me in for a hug.
"What's wrong, my love?" He asks carefully while stroking his hand through my hair.
"The comments on my video are just mean and I'm a crybaby, I'm sorry that I said I was fine when I'm not" I cry in his chest.
"It's okay. Everyone gets hate and you just need to learn how to deal with it, I know it's hard but don't let them bring you down, you're an amazing person and I love you" He reassures me, making me feel a little better.
I pull away from the hug, wiping my tears with the sleeves of my hoodie.
"You know you're pretty even when you're crying?" Johnnie says, helping me dry a tear from my cheek. My face heats up and I smile at his compliment.

We walk back into the living room where Jake and Tara are cuddling and watching tiktoks together on one of their phones.
"hey lovebirds" me and Johnnie say in union, causing us both to start laughing.
We sit down beside them.
"I wanna do something fun tonight" Tara groans. I bet she means she wants to have a cool ass house party.
"Do you need another Tara Yummy party?" Jake jokes.
"I do. Let's have a fucking party at mine tonight!!!!" Tara yells out in happiness.
"IM IN!!" I tell back.
"I guess I need to take care of a drunk y/n, again" Johnnie jokes and pretends to be upset.
"Like you aren't also getting drunk?" I joke back, nudging his shoulder.
"Anyways I'll make sure EVERYONE is invited and this is going to be the best night of our lives!" Tara yells out again and aggressively grabs her phone and starts texting on it.
"We are going to my house at 6 to prepare and then everyone will be there at 8" Tara demands nicely.
We all nod in union.

*time skip, later that day*

It's 5 and I'm staring to get ready to leave for Tara's, I decided I'll get ready now so I don't need to do it at Tara's.
Tara helped me pick out my outfit and I'm wearing a black short dress with a bunch of accessories and I really love it.
I do my normal makeup routine and curl my hair up a little bit. I wasn't going to look too fancy since I'll anyways end up as a mess at the end of the night.

I walk out of my bedroom where I got ready and Johnnies eyes were glued on me.
"You look so beautiful" he says as we leave my apartment to go over to Tara's, as we said we would.
"So do you" I smile, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek.

We arrive at Taras and I start putting up a bunch of bottles with alcohol to the kitchen counter as Tara goes to get ready. Jake and Johnnie are laying on the couch, not seeming very exited at all.
"ITS PARTY NIGHT!!! STOP BEING LAZY!!" I yell to them as I start playing music really loud.
"It's like half an hour till everyone will be here, calm down!!!" Jake yells back to me.
"MEAN." I scream back at him, pretending to be pissed off.

Tara comes back from her room and she's wearing a red mini skirt with a black tight long sleeved top with a bunch of necklaces on.
"you're gorgeous Tara" I say as she walks into the kitchen and helps me get all the cups and stuff out.
"So do you girly" she giggles back. We both start taking a few shots as people start arriving to the party and Tara greets every single one of them.

—————————————————————————-
HEY🌸

It's currently 6am in Sweden and I've not slept a single minute this night, so this chapter is fucking messy because It's morning and I'm tried (I'm not tired)

Anyways two chapter in 24 hours I'm just the best! Hope yall are doing good and thanks for all the nice comments, it means so so much to me💞
Wordcount: 1330

// author 🌸