chapter 31 - "do you ever miss Tara?"

Y/Ns pov:
*fast forward, one month*

Me, Jake and Johnnie have been living together for about a month and nothing has really happened. We did make up from when I thought Johnnie was cheating, came up Alex was only apologising to Johnnie and they haven't been talking since and we haven't either really talked much to Tara. Actually I haven't said a word about her or to her. I don't know how I feel about her, I'm not mad anymore since me and Johnnie are doing great again and she has apologised to me a million times.

Me and Johnnie have been passed out on the couch for like two days, we've been doing nothing at all. It's in the very end of summer and the weather is getting worse and it's becoming darker earlier so we're just dying on the couch together. Jake is out with some other friends and won't be home in another few days because he's staying in New York with these friends so me and Johnnie have the house for ourselves.

"We're going to be alone till Thursday" I say.
"Yeah that's like four days" Johnnie fills in.
"You know what that means" he smirks and then bursts out laughing.
"stop itttt!" I laugh, jokingly punching his chest.
"THAT FUCKING HURT!" He yells out in a goofy voice.
"What are you going to do about it huh?" I joke, laughing.

-

Hours later, me and Johnnie are still on our fucking couch doing nothing at all.
"What do we order for dinner?" I ask while scrolling through the different options of food on DoorDash.
"Why won't we go out and eat? It's been a few weeks since I took you out to dinner" Johnnie suggests and it genuinely makes me smile that he wants to take me out.
"That would be nice" I agree and we decide we would go to a pretty casual dinner place and afterwards go get a drink at a bar close by. Honestly it's the first it will be the first time I go outside in like three days.

-

"Do you ever miss. . Tara?" Johnnie suddenly says as we get ready to go out. I put my eyeshadow pallet down on the table and think for a quick minute.
"I do" I simply reply. "I just miss having a best friend that also is close to you and Jake, feel me?" I continue and keep on doing my makeup.
"Yeah.. I do kinda miss having her around" Johnnie agrees. "Maybe we should ask her to see us all, Jake too? Just to like talk shit out and like forgive her kinda?" Johnnie adds, sounding slightly unsure.
"We should, I think it's odd for Jake to not have her around, they were so inseparable" I say.
"Yeah" Johnnie agrees. We keep on getting ready in silence. I've decided to wear a casual outfit, a black skirt and a baggy band tee with a lot of accessories. Pretty basic but it works. Johnnie is wearing his casual outfit too, black skinny jeans, band tee and a leather jacket. Not very hard to guess.

-

We're out the door and approaching my car, we get in the car and I start driving towards the restaurant. Johnnies hand is resting on my thigh as I drive and some crappy ass Lana del ray song is playing on the radio in the car, pretty chill drive actually.

We get out the car when we arrive to the restaurant and we head inside and get seated by a table.

"I think I wanna a pizza" I say, trailing my eyes over the food on the menu. "What are you having?" I ask. Johnnie is completely zoned out and isn't responding to me.
"Johnnie?" I repeat. "Johnnie? Hello?" I say again.
"Oh yeah sorry" he says, quickly shaking off and his mind gets back into reality.
"Are you alright love?" I ask.
"I'm fine what so ever" he says and starts reading the menu.
"Are you sure? You never zone out unless something is on your mind?" I ask again, I really wanna make sure he is okay.
"It's just a lot going on, I'm stressed out as fuck but it's alright I guess" he says, shrugging it off and I go silent.
"Mkay, talk to me if it is anything" I reassure him. Johnnie never talks to be about his mental health , I think he has only opened up to me like twice, of course I respect it but its hard being a girlfriend to someone you know is struggling but won't tell you about it.
"Of course I will" he responds. "Wanna share a pizza?" He asks, obviously wanting to change the subject.
"Mhm" I say, happily.

We order our food and the waitress brings in our drinks just a minute after ordering. I got a Diet Coke and Johnnie did too.
"What bar are we going to later?" I ask.
"I know one pretty close, it's usually pretty chill there" Johnnie explains.

-

Our food arrive after quite a long wait and we happily munch it. The pizza was actually so good and just enough for us to share.

We finished eating quickly and paid, this time I actually paid because Johnnie did pay the last date night we went on.

We left the restaurant and took my car again to the bar that Johnnie talked about. We went inside and as Johnnie said it was really chill, quite a lot of people but pretty low music and not so party like.
We took a table right by the bar and got to ordering our drinks.
"I definitely want a red bull & vodka as usual" I say.
"I want a Jake and coke as usual too" Johnnie laughs.

We got our drinks and sat down by the table and drank them.
"I wanna call Tara when we get home" I spit out and I'm telling the truth, I want to call her and talk. When Johnnie asked if I missed her I kinda remembered that I do miss her.
"Oh? We will be home late probably but-" Johnnie said.
"Mhm but I wanna call her so bad" I cut him off and take a sip of my drink.
Johnnie nods.

-

A few drinks and shots later we were pretty tipsy but not very drunk, at least not me. Johnnie was pretty fucked since he drank way more shots than me.

"How do we get home? My car is parked here and I can't drive" I ask but Johnnie just leans his tired head against my shoulder and groans in response.
We leave the bar and stand, lost outside the place.
I call an Uber to us and it arrives pretty quickly.
We get in there and drive home. Johnnie's head is still leaving onto me and his hand is resting on my thigh again.

-

A whole hour later we're on the couch again, changed into comfy clothes and no make up on, it's 12am and Johnnie's still drunk and I'm fine now.
"I wanna call Tara now." I say and grab my phone.
"Mhmm" Johnnie agrees and hurries his face into my neck. He is so touchy and cute when he's drunk lol.

My phone signals as I call and the living room lights up of my phone with Tara's name.
Tara picks up after just four signals.
"y/n...? Really..?" Tara says unto the phone. I put the speaker so I can hear her.
"Hey Tara, I just wanted to talk" I say slowly.
"Mhm" Tara says into the mic.
"I miss you Tara I do, I wanna see you and bring along Jake and Johnnie and just talk out stuff so we can become friends again" I explain.
"Are you drunk??" Tara says.
"A little I'm fine tho I really mean it Tara" I reassure her and she agrees. We hang up the call and I sit in silence, Johnnie has fallen asleep on me and I talked to Tara.
I played with his hair and admiring his beautiful face.
I love him so much.

———————————————————————
HELLLOOOO💞

Yeah I actually liked this chapter a lot more than the last one!!
Hope you have a awesome day and that you're doing amazing
Thanks for all the votes n support 🎀

Wordcount: 1386
// author 🌸