Chapter 14: Klaud Nine's Training Pt.1

Happy: Klaud Nine sounds a lot like Erza... -_-'
Me: Well she is a General, Erza's an S-Class wizard they have similar statuses.
Happy: I thought Erza wouldn't be here!
Me: Happy what are you talking- oh hi Erza...!
Erza: what is this?
Me: a story...
Erza: then I shall help narrate as well, do you mind?
Happy and I: no ma'am!!

The next morning at 7AM sharp while everyone else was still sleeping I was up and in the training room with General Klaud Nine.

"Alright first we're going to work on speed, with your wings you should be able to move as quickly as Lenalee and her Dark Boots, but when you don't have your wings out it's important for you to have faster than the eye can see speed." I nodded determined to do well with my training so I would never have to be forced into the Earl's servitude again.

"What do I have to do?" I asked and she smiled, it was kind of creepy.

"Well you'll have to be able to dodge my wonderful Lau Jimin."

Was she talking about the monkey on her shoulder? It was so small and innocent.

"Lau Jimin let's go!" The monkey jumped off her shoulder and changed into a giant version of itself, only scarier and angrier.

"Ummmmm..." I said backing away.

"If you can dodge Lau Jimin then you can dodge any Akuma's attack." I gulped but stood my ground as the monkey attacked. I jumped to avoid it only to be thrown to the ground. "You'll have to move quicker than that if you want to dodge it."

I stood back up and faced Lau Jimin again. It came at me and I jumped up and successfully avoided the first attack only this time Lau Jimin jumped up and kicked me into the wall. I coughed and saw a little bit of blood on my wrist as I rubbed my mouth.

"You have to be quicker and vigilant." Klaud said sternly.

"Yes ma'am." I got up and faced her Innocence once more. "I want to become stronger, I want to prove that no matter what anyone says about me I'm an Exorcist to the very end." I jumped and dodged the attacks by her Lau Jimin. There were still times when it would knock me into the floor or ground, but I would get back up and face it again and again if it meant proving that I would never kill another Exorcist.

Finally after what felt like hours I realized I had gotten a lot faster than I had when we started. Sure I still wasn't fast enough to completely avoid Lau Jimin's attacks, but I had gotten fast enough to be able to counter them with an attack of my own.

"Very good, Crystal." Klaud said coming to help me up off the floor. I grabbed her outstretched hand and got to my feet.

"But I didn't dodge Lau Jimin's attacks..." I said looking down.

"Not many people can dodge those attacks, only Generals are able to. Crystal, you did as well as I expected you would. We'll keep working on it and by the time we finish training you'll be faster than the blink of an eye." I nodded and smiled.

"Thank you for training me General Klaud Nine." I said bowing to her.

"Don't worry about it. And don't bow I hate that kind of thing. Now go get some breakfast, training starts the same time tomorrow." I gave her a swift nod before turning and rushing out of the room.

Once I arrived at the cafeteria I took a deep breath and walked inside. I felt my body finally hitting it's limit as I got as much food as I was sure my body could hold and sat down. Kanda was eating by himself as usual.

"Hey Kanda." I said smiling at him lightly.

"Are you really going to not annoy me to sit with me?" I shook my head and started shoving food in my mouth.

"I'm too tired to do it." I stopped to say before continuing to shove food in my mouth. Once I had finished I sighed with content.

"What were you doing this morning that made you so hungry?" He asked.

"I was training with General Klaud Nine." He dropped his chop sticks and stared at me.

"You're training with General Klaud Nine?" I nodded and smiled.

"Yeah, sure her training is a bit rough but I can already tell I've improved." I yawned slowly and got up. "And on that note I'm going to go get some rest. If Lavi, Allen or Lenalee asks can you tell them I went to my room?" He gave his typical scowl to tell me "no", but I knew he would. "Thanks Kanda."

I walked back to my room and plopped down on my bed. My entire body was screaming for sleep so I curled up and closed my eyes.

I was going to need all the sleep I could get with Klaud Nine's training.