Chapter 36: Come Back, Lavi!!!

:(

I watched in horror as Lavi started attacking Allen.

"Lavi stop!!!!" I screamed begging for him to stop.

"Lavi... can't you hear my voice...?" Allen asked as he hugged him. "Remember Krory said we were the only two who could protect Lenalee and Chaoji? And what about Crystal, she's your girlfriend. Do you really want to kill her?" Lavi just punched him again.

Tears streamed down my face as Lavi used his Fire Seal to burn Allen. I then noticed he looked unsettled by something.

"My body is moving on it's own, but how...?" I rushed towards him as he dropped to one knee.

"Lavi... please come back! I can't lose you too!" I looked at him as flames surrounded us. "Lavi, I love you!" I said as someone pulled me out of the flames.

I looked up and saw the Earl was using the confusion to take me.

"LAVI!!!!!!!" I screamed as we moved out of the tower.

Lavi's POV

I could hear their voices...

Allen... Crystal... Lenalee... Chaoji...

"Lavi stop!!!!" I heard Crystal yell. I opened my eyes and looked around from the water.

"I guess I'm not dead yet..." I said and stood up facing my other self.

"How?!" I pulled the knife out of my chest.

"Only way I remained conscious." I walked over to Allen who was laying face down in the water.

"You seem to have some obsession with Allen, Road." I stabbed the knife through Allen's back. "So this must be your true form."

"I underestimated you, Bookman..." She said quietly and that's when I saw my young self.

"Get up! You're going to be a Bookmen, what happened during the 49th time, Lavi!?" I smiled and started dropping towards the water disappearing.

"Answer those questions for yourself, you are me after all." My body vanished but then reappeared from the young me. We are one in the same...

When I opened my eyes Allen and I were breathing heavily.

"God I couldn't breath in there!!!" I yelled gripping my throat.

"Would you rather that or being dead?"

That's when I remembered what Crystal said to me.

Lavi, I love you!!! LAVI!!!!!

"Where's Crystal!?" I asked jumping up and that's when we all heard a laugh.

"Awwww you're little Crystal is right here. She's been calling your name for a while now, Lavi." We turned and saw the Millennium Earl holding Crystal with his sword pointed at her throat.

"Lavi... I'm so glad you're alright..." She said with tears streaming down her face.

"Crystal! Give her back!" I yelled and he laughed some more.

"She's rightfully mine. You have no claim to her, Bookman." I clenched my fists.

"You fat bastard (sorry for the language), how dare you hold such a delicate young woman like that." A man with red hair and a cigarette in his mouth said pointing his gun at the Earl's head.

"Well, well it's been quite some time hasn't, Cross?"

General Cross?! Allen's Master?!

"Can't you do anything right, idiot pupil?!" Allen sighed.

"Good to see you too..." Cross shot at the Earl, who to block the bullets dropped Crystal. I rushed and grabbed her tightly.

"Lavi, I'm so happy..." She touched my cheek.

"Why is a fine woman such as yourself with him?" Cross said and I glared at him.

"Why you-!" I was cut short as the ground underneath Crystal and I opened up.

"Huh?!" We both said before falling.

"Lavi! Crystal!" Allen called.

"I don't have enough energy to use my innocence!" Crystal called and I pulled her close while shooting my hammer up towards Allen. He grabbed it only to have it shatter into pieces from overuse.

"LAVI!!!!! CRYSTAL!!!!!" We disappeared after hearing Allen's call for us.

I never thought this was how I was going to die... at least I was with Crystal in the end...