Chapter 39: Confessions

Confessing time :)

I could feel arms around me and voices talking quickly. They were saying something important but I couldn't make it out.

"She's....I don't....Lenalee...." Bits and pieces came forth but all I could hear was a ringing and screams.

Wake up, Crystal! Wake up!

My eyes shot open and I was greeted by the breeze outside the Ark. I was laying on the ground and as I sat up looking around I saw Lavi and Bookmen hugging, General Tiedoll crying over Kanda with Marie, Allen and Lenalee smiling at each other.

I've caused so much pain for people and the Order is no different... If I stay there then I will only cause more suffering for Lavi and the others...

"Hey Crystals awake!" Lenalee called out and everyone turned to look at me. I got to my feet and backed away from them.

"Crystal what's wrong?" Lavi asked walking towards me.

"Stay back!!" I said harshly and looking at him with a sadness I didn't even knew I possessed.

"Crystal..." I shook my head and looked away from them all.

"If I'm with you all I will only cause you pain and suffering... I've seen what my powers can do... I know what I have to do to save this world but I can't drag you all with me..." I felt the memories from my past come rushing back.

"What do you mean you've seen what you're powers have done?" Allen asked calmly.

"Paris 1852...the site of the Blood Massacre..."  They all looked at me confused except for Lavi and Bookmen who both froze.

"The mystery behind the Blood Massacre was you?!" Lavi said shocked.

"Yes... But that's not all... My memory is starting to come back... London 1345, the town suddenly caught fire and no one knew why. Scotland 1126, massive tornado destroyed half the town. Pennsylvania 1052, thousands of American soldiers massacred by an unknown person. All of those events were because of me... Because I couldn't control my powers as the original Noah." I explained and looked away again.

"Original Noah?" Lenalee asked curiously.

"Yes I learned that Im the first Noah. I was created by the ruler of the heavens to protect this world, but that very same ruler is the one who took my memory away believing that it was better to hide what I was than let me continue on my murderous rampage. Which would have been fine if not for one person..." I trailed off and looked back at the Ark.

"The Earl..." Allen said with a venomous tone.

"Correct. When the Earl learned of my identity he started planning for me to become the ultimate weapon." I looked back at my friends. 

"So you now think you can just run off and save the world all by yourself?" I heard the anger in Lavi's tone as he clenched his fists at his sides.

"Lavi..."

"YOU THINK ITS OKAY TO LEAVE YOUR FRIENDS BEHIND LIKE WE MEAN NOTHING?!" I flinched at his tone and then I walked up to him grabbing his hands in my own.

"Lavi, I know you're mad... But you have to trust me on this. Trust me when I say I have to do this on my own. You all have been wonderful friends but I'm ready to do whatever it takes to fulfill the duty I was given when I was created." I leaned forward and kissed him gently.

"Crystal..." He muttered when I pulled away.

"I love you Lavi and no matter how far away I go that will never change." I backed away slowly and looked at each one of my friends. "I was really lucky to have gotten to have known such wonderful people... I'll leave fighting the Akuma and Earl to you. Though the parting hurts the rest is in your hands..."

Innocent activate!

My darkness form appeared on my body and I turned away from all my friends.

"Goodbye..." I sped away after that last word and started gliding across the sea towards the beginning of it all...

Venice, Italy... Heavens first creation fell from there...