Chapter 38

A/N - I'm sorry if I got you excited and let you with what you thought was cliff hanger :( maybe i could add some twists in future chapters, but you do know the camp is over very soon . . . . which means the book shall end very soon ?  . . . .  ALSO SORRY THIS CHAPTER IS SO SHORT! 

Anyway, there were a couple of people close and you really all deserve a dedication but I couldn't really give one out . . .so I feel pretty bad for that, sorry yall, however, someone made me a banner so I would like to give @livia26 a shout out for it! :) Thanks so much for making it :) 

Dedication: @livia26 - thank you! :) 

Chapter 38 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Everyone waits for Armstrong to spill what had supposedly 'happened.' I was just hoping it would be good. Nothing that would get Josh into anymore problems. He first eyes Josh though. 

"They found him, trying to flee to the state. He was a past criminal but -- " He looks at Josh sympathetically. "You don't have to worry about a thing Josh, stop blaming yourself on Jack's death. That guy was being payed to kill Jack Foster. He obviously worked for some mob or something, he was payed to be friends with him so that he could kill. He just found that was the perfect time, leaving you to look like the one who did it." 

Relief rushes through me and I feel so happy but shocked at the same time. This has to make Josh feel better about it all. Even though Josh wasn't there, it would have happened anyway. But it seems Josh still doesn't feel any better. 

"That's where you wrong sir," he says. 

Armstrong's eyebrows raise in confusion. "What do you mean Josh? It was going to happen anyway, you don't have to blame yourself anymore." 

Josh sighs. "Yeah but like you said, that guy saw me as a target to make me look like killer. If I wasn't there, he might not have done it." 

I clench my jaw. I really don't believe Josh will realise it wasn't his fault, but what else can we do? What else is there to say?

Armstrong scoffs, but in a postive way, as though he was trying to make someone laugh or something. 

"No Josh, that guy had a deadline, if he didn't kill Jack at that moment, he would have been dead himself. That's why he was there, it was already all planned out. He didn't do it just then and there because he thought it was good night to do so, he had to do it then and there. Whoever was paying him had it set up and probably saw you there, then told him to do it. That's what the officers said, okay? Just believe something for once. It's not a lie, it's true. They've been chasing them for months but now they finally have them." 

And finally, I start to see a small smile tug at the corner of his soft lips. Those precious lips I was craving for this moment. 

"Go on Josh, go do something that will make you happy. Something you may enjoy, I'm sure Scarlett will help you out with that." 

He chuckles and Josh looks at me with a smrik. My eyelids widen a tiny bit, not sure if he was intending something dirty there but I just smiled. Josh rises and puts his hand forward, gesturing me to turn and leave. He stops and turns when he reaches the door. 

"And thanks for everything sir," he says. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"You have to be somewhat glad and happier?" I say to Josh, hope in my voice. Lots of hope may I add.    "Yeah I suppose it did,' he says, 'should have listened to you in the first place."    "That's right,' I laugh, 'you should have, that what I told you, I'm always right."    He rolls his eyes laughing. "Anyway,' he starts, changing the subject, 'to finish off what Armstrong was suggesting . . ."    I suddenly look at him, a laugh escaping my mouth, his eyebrows wiggling. "Innappropriate," I joke.    But they stop wiggling and he raises one.    "There's nothing inappropriate about you giving me a foot massage?"    He bursts out laughing but I shake my head. "You can go to one of those Chow Ming nail places for that, feel free." 

"Well to be honest, I'm not sure what Armstrong was trying to say,' I continue, 'but how about we go sit in the fields. What did you say again that time? You wanna smell the grass? You want to go for a walk, just us two?" 

He smiles at my suggestion. "Sure, that sounds like a good idea. Perfect idea, actually." 

I'm not sure why perfectly exactly but I brush it off. "Let's jus go see Addie and Riley first," I say. 

He nods and we head over to the food hall. They slightly wave when they see us heading over to the table I was sitting at before. Addie speaks first. 

"Is everything alright now?" She asks, looking at Josh. 

He nods. "Armstrong told us to go do something so Scarlett and I were going to go for a walk. 

"Well you have fun then," Riley says. 

I pick up my plate, looking down at my half eaten meal, where I had left my poor salad. I sigh when I spot a fly twiddling its feet across my lettuce, dispersing its germs all of it. It was starting to brown at the edges anyway so I would have ended up chucking it out from leaving it for those mintues. I walk up to the drop off station and slide it over before picking up two apple poppers for our trips to the fields. I pass one to Josh and with a smile, he takes it. 

"My favourite, you know." 

I look down at the popper then back at him. It was a 'Just Juice' popper. 

"Apple is your favourite?" I ask and he nods. 

"Yeah but it's the Just Juice brand that's the best," he chuckles. 

"I have to remember that then," I laugh. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

We sat on a hill, overlooking the lush, green fields of the surrounding paddocks of Cormac. It was a rather pretty sight, with those little weeds that grew into tiny yellow flowers. We just sat there, inhaling the scents of nature and soaking up the warming rays of the sun, the type of warmth that made you feel weak and tired, not burnt and hot, while sipping on our Just Juice poppers. I just slightly laid my eyes upon Josh, so I could just see him without making it obvious. He sat there, propped up on one elbow squinting slightly while he looked into the distance, ocassionally shutting his eyes for a couple of seconds. I was more than glad to see a slight smile that was tugging at each corner of his mouth the whole time we were here. It just meant that hopefully some good thoughts were going through his mind and maybe, just maybe right now in this moment, he was smiling on the inside as well. 

I let my eyes return to the incredible sight in front of me and I let my elbows slide out beneath me so that I am completely laying down on the slightly long grass beneath my body. It's so soft and the sun's rays just shower down onto my skin. There was no kissing or making out, which for once, I didn't really mind. I liked just sitting here with him, it doesn't matter what I do with Josh, as long as he's there, then there's no way I can help smiling. Except, he does the same but he reaches out for hand, he holds it ever so gently, rubbing his thumb up and down the opposite side of my palm, just below my knuckles.

The only thing that starts to disappoint me now, is the thought of counting down the five days I have to go of this camp. But how can I come back here if it's a behaviour camp? If it was some sort of summer holiday camp then there would be no problem revisiting. I suppose it's just the good people like Martha and Addie I will miss, and then Josh, Riley and some of the other staff too. 

I really don't think I had ever felt so happy at Cormac so far. I just had to quit worrying about the bad and start appreciating the good because the good is definitely there. For a start, I have Josh right next to me.  Right in the palm of my hand, literally. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Thank you for such a generous dose of votes everyone :) If you would like to see 
anymore of this story, this time I am hoping for at least **80 to 85** VOTES maybe? I do bring it
up a little bit but I'm just wondering if people are really keen to see some more of this lovely couple! :)
So, if you would like to read a chapter 39 in the future, all you have to do is give it a vote and pleaaaseee *COMMENT* your thoughts :) I also have some polls/comps for some future chappies so look out for that also :) Anyway, thanks to all SWTBB fans :)