Chapter 30

Author's Note: Hope you enjoy ;) ASK FOR A DEDICATION!! ;) 

Dedicated to: AnimeNerd99 :) :) 

Story Quote: "She has no idea about anything that has happened."

Chapter 30

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When I wake up in the morning, the first thing that crosses my mind is Josh. I'm exhausted from my lack of sleep but that is not going to stop me from going to see him, so I throw the blanket off my body and twist to the side so I can step out. I bite my lip when deciding what to do. Should I go have a shower and get dressed? Or should I just get dressed? I was that desperate to go up and see him, but of course, being in pajama's, is probably not the best decision, so I decide to go with the quickest option, which was to just get dressed. I could always have a shower later.  

I peer at Addie as I walk past her to the bathroom, with my clothes tucked in under my arm. She's still sound asleep. She has no idea about anything that has happened. 

I pull of my pajama's and change into my jeans, shirt and jumper, before throwing on my shoes and heading out the door. I pull the band from my hair and re do it quickly as I walk.  I put my hands in my pockets. This trip to the office just seems to be going too long. I frown slightly and pick up my pace when it really starts to get on my nerves. But I needn't worry, the doors are in front of me. Just a few more steps, I'd be able to look through that glass and push on that handle. I'm doing so now. I close the door behind me. It's warmer in here. Mrs. Wilson looks up at me from the desk. She looks relieved when she see's it's me. 

"Oh Scarlett,' she cries, 'everything has been worked out, well, last night it was."

I move over to the desk and lean onto it with my elbows. I nod slowly. 

"There's nothing to worry about now, everything is sorted and that horrible monster will be taken care off. He will not be able to get to Josh anymore." 

She pats my arm. I smile a thank you. We both turn our heads when we hear several footsteps come down the hall. Mr. Armstrong, Martha, Josh, a couple of staff members and another sick kid come down. I instantly want to run over and hug Josh for as long as I can but I don't want to hurt him, so instead I take slow steps. He looks so sick. His nose and eyes bruised, probably all of his fathers fault. It would have to be, he wasn't anywhere else. And for the alcohol, his father must have forced him into it too. I hug him gently. 

"You look so sore," I say, softly. 

It's nice to feel his grip around my back again. I take him to sit down near the desk. I sit down next to him and Martha sits with him. 

"Everything is sorted now, isn't that right Mrs. Wilson?" Mrs. Armstrong addresses. 

She doesn't reply for a couple of seconds but she turns to him with a jolt, like she had just been drenched with icy water. 

"Y-yes, that's correct. Everything will be able to run smoothly. Everything will go back to normal. Josh is now, free, to - well, free of worries. Now the nurse will watch him heal over the next few days and the police will keep in touch, just to tell us about what they've done with that man." 

I nod soothingly as I face Josh and rub his back. He seems relaxed, maybe a little stressed or afriad, but I know he'll be okay, he's had to deal with it a lot. But then again, having that sort of thing done to you a lot over the years, he must be really down inside. I look into his eyes. They're soft, like usual. Even when he had fights with Jack his eyes were soft. 

"Josh, is there anything you'd like to do now?" Mr. Armstrong starts. 

Josh seems to be thinking for a couple of seconds. 

"You can - " But Mr. Armstrong is cut off when a group of men burst through the door. 

Well, at first it's a blur. I mean, these people are very clear to me but I'm so afraid, I become confused. When I take another look, I see there are four men, all in uniform, all with a badge. All, have belts with many utilities such as guns or handcuffs. Police. 

"J-Josh," I start to stumble. It's quiet though.

They've probably come to warn him . . . his father must have gotten loose, or something. But no, they're starting to tear me away from him. 

"J-Josh! Josh. . ."

I hear him whisper my name.

"Scarlett . . . "

I'm stumbling. I can hear Martha screaming inside. The staff members are horrified. Armstrong is ready to stop them and Mrs. Wilson has come out behind the desk. Everything is a mental mess. I hold my arms out. He surprised at the police in his face. What could they be doing this to him for? 

"Joshua Walker, you are under the arrest for the murder of Jack Foster." 

That's when I fall to pieces. I cover my mouth with my finger tips. I know everyone else in the room feels the same way. They grab his roughly and hand cuff him. He looks me right in the eye. His eyes become even softer. 

"I'm sorry, Scarlett."

I just catch his whisper and I swear I see tears in his eyes. Then they're pushing him out the door. Martha and Armstrong run out after him. But I don't. Instead, I just stand there. Horrified. Trying to take in what I just heard. Josh. Murder. Now that's something I never thought he would do. He had committed a crime. A horrible one. It's something. . .I didn't want to believe at all, and at first, I didn't, but once he apologised, I knew I was wrong. . .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sorry this chapter is a little shorter.
Thanks so much for reading!!
Please comment, vote and fan!! :)

THANKS! :)
Tori98 <3 :)