Chapter 2

Chapter 2

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

I had driven back into my driveway. Today was the best with Molly. We did spot some guys at the skatepark. ;) 

I locked my car and made my way to the door. I opened it but all was silent. 

"Hello?" I called. 

They might be out the back. I shrugged and kept walking, fixing up the strap of my bag on my shoulder. I walked into the kitchen to see Michelle and dad standing there, like they were waiting for me. 

I froze. 

"Is, e-everything okay?" I asked. 

They look like they were going to speak but pulled back. Well, dad pulled back like he couldn't tell me but Michelle was quite happy to talk. 

"Michelle,' dad interrupted her, 'later," he continued. 

She crossed her arms. 

"What?" I asked, feeling afraid what this was all about. 

"Nothing sweetheart,' my dad replied, giving me a kiss on the cheek. 'How was the movie?"

"Good," I replied, still staring, dumbfounded. 

Michelle walked off past me upstairs to their bedroom. I shrugged. I didn't know what this was about. But I decided to go up to my room too and get dressed in some more comfortable clothes for the house. Hm, I might make dinner tonight. Poison Michelle's dish. I slapped myself. No! I can't think like that, although it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Maybe, just so she's sick and she can't stop vomiting that dad leaves her! I sighed. I wish! 

I went back downstairs to find dad. He was in his office. He was a businessman and when a situation came up he was usually busy. 

"Hey dad,' I started, 'can I make dinner?" 

"Sure," he replied. 

I nodded and left to go back to the kitchen. I pulled out the cooking book that mum always used and I searched for something with chicken. I found a really yummy looking recipe. It was crumbed chicken with a tomato salad. This was perfect. 

I looked at the time. It was 3:30. I'd wait till four to start cooking but I still needed to go and get some ingredients. 

I grabbed my keys and headed for the door but I was stopped my Michelle who seemed to pop out of no where. 

"Where are you going this time? She asked. 'Probably some party?" She added. 

"No, 'I replied, 'I'm going out to get some things for dinner." 

"We're not having takeaway!" She scoffed. 

"I'm not getting takeaway!' I said angrily, 'we're having baked chicken and salad!"

She just looked at me then walked away and I stormed out of the house. I got into my car and drove to the shops to get some ingredients for the salad and the dressing. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

In about half an hour, I was paying for everything and walking back to the car. It was four now.

Soon, I arrived home and took the bags in. I set them out on the bench and followed the recipe. I sliced and baked the chicken, then I got out the ingredients to make the dressing so that I could keep it in the fridge. While the chicken was baking, I cut up all the tomato's and other vegetables for the salad. I grabbed the matches to light the candles on the table. I se the table too with place mats, our plates, cutlery and cups. It looked nice.