Chapter 26 [Josh's POV]

Author's Note: This is just a quick chapter but, some of my readers recommdended Josh's POV, so here it is!! Thanks guys!!

Dedicated to: Peetas_Dog and softballchick13 (Sorry that I can't do a proper dedication) 

Story Quote: "I am so tired and now my eye lids are too heavy to open."

Chapter 26

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

JOSH'S POV

I want to sleep but I try not too, just incase I'm hacked into with a broken beer bottle or something. So instead, I sit here on this old and broken lounge, my body aching. My arms were burning with pain, after  my flesh was pierced by that stupid barb wire back at Cormac. Other parts of my body was bruised from my fathers rough grip. 

My father. .  .jerk. . .sits in on the opposite side of this tip for a lounge room, a bottle of beer in one hand. He looks dirty and sick, drunk. I sneer at him, I can't control my hate toward him at the moment but at the  same time, I don't want to anger him. There is still this big part of me that is scared of him. I almost yelled when I first saw him at the camp, as he came staggering toward the door. I did not speak to him once he shoved me into the car or since we got to this old dump about two hours away. It's a new place, doesn't look or smell new though. Theres rubbish all over the floor and the walls are peeling. It was like a place where you'd find a rotting dead body in. 

By the hard but saggy look on my fathers face, I could tell he was starting to get drowsy, more like drunk. I braced myself and waited a little longer. He finally stands up and I lift my shaking arms and prepare to shield myself but he just stands where he is. 

"W-wait here!' He staggers out, 'Don't . . don't do anything you'll regret. D-don't make me! . . Make me do anything I'll regret!"

He takes a long swig of the bottle before staggering out of the louge room. i hear all the doors lock and then the front door slam. There is no where to go and I have no way of escaping. He had this all planned, he would have. All the windows were barred and bolted. The only spot I could get to was the kitchen, which had no door. I decide to stand up and walk in. It stinks in here. There are dirty plates and food packets everywhere. I upon up the draws. Nothing. But then I stop on one once I spot a large knife. I grab it and sit back on the lounge. I grip it tightly and hold it beside me as I shove it down the side, still in my grip. I can't help it but I close my eyes. I am so tired and now my eye lids are too heavy to open. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I wake up with a jolt when I hear the front door burst open. I grip my knife tightly. His heavy footsteps fill the entry and then the door to the lounge room bursts open. We stare into each others eyes for a while before he drops  onto the lounge. In his arms is a carton of beer. He drops them on the ground and pulls out a new bottle. He retrieves a bottle opener from his pocket and flips off the metal lid. It lands on the ground with a ching. I hear the beer gurgle down his throat. I just stare in front of me. I'm not even going to ask why I am here until the morning but I doubt he'll be sober by then. So I just leave it. 

I take one more angry look at him before looking straight ahead, however I suppose he didn't like it because his eyes fill with rage. My heart pounds and my chest weakens as I look back at him. He is fuming and breathing heavily. He stands up and I grip my knife. He stumbles toward me and raises his hand, before back handing me to the floor. I twist and land with a thud. The knife lands with a clang next to me. I hear him tisking. 

"O-oh, and w-what's thissss?" He slurrs, bending down to pick up the knife.

I quickly shield myself, getting prepared for the piercing pain but it does not come. Instead, he turns it over and admires it. He swears at me before throwing the knife over his shoulder, not caring where it lands. He staggers off down the hallway. I hear more doors lock. The lights suddenly go out and I'm in darkness. I rub my cheek and jaw before standing back up and settling down on the lounge. At least I'd be able to sleep without him in the room. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Thanks for reading everyone!! :)
Please comment, vote and fan! :)

Tori98 :)