Chapter 34

Author's Note: Ello young ones. I have no idea what to write, so . . . I'm sorry if its short, boring or makes no sense at all, but ENJOY anyway haahaha :) 

Story Quote: "He turns to look at me with that soft and beautiful smile he usually has for me or anyone"

Dedicated to: ClatoForevaFanatic17 :) Thanks for all your comments and for being a long time reader of my book :) 

Chapter 34

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

There are some things you don't worry about so much. There are some things you might look at and forget in the next five minutes or so and then there are the things you can't forget or they just keep on bugging you until you find an answer or do somthing about it. Josh was just wrongly sentenced to sixteen years in jail before they found out he was really innocent. If that recording wasn't found, there would have been no way to prove his innocence and after the judge and guard and whoever else, found that you were actually innocent, I think you would be pretty ecstatic that you were freed sixteen years jail, but no. Josh isn't that way and that surprises me A LOT.  

We will be arriving back at Cormac soon, and I couldn't help realise the way he said hello to Martha and everyone else back at the court before. I think I knew why he was like this. He couldn't help Jack's death, but I would have to hear why he really did feel like that. I know he told me about it back at the court room but why did he actually feel as bad as he did? No. That's sounds bad, it's not what I mean. I'm not saying he shouldn't feel bad for Jack dying, just because they were practically enemies, I'm just saying, he's feeling bad about it in too many spots. I'd have to speak about it to him later, privately. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

There are now five people in our five seater car. In other words it's full. Josh is the added number and now there isn't much space to prop up your elbow or stretch a leg. Not as though anyone would do that. No one was in the sort of 'bored' mood or 'tired' mood. Everyone was in a 'silent and keep still' mood. Still, I know everyone's mind would be running like crazy with billions of thoughts. I can tell Armstrong is thinking deeply by the way I can see his eyebrows furrow in the mirror or by the way Martha chews her lip nervously. Even Mrs. Wilson sits there solemnly, looking out the window. Of course I know what is going through Josh's mind, but I shouldn't assume that, he probably has a lot of things on his mind. 

I just stare ahead. Here I am sitting awkwardly in the middle. Josh on my left, Martha on my right. They both look out the window on their side. Josh doesn't even look like he's breathing by the way he sits. I didn't want to be all over the top of him, I thought I'd give him some space, but I find his hand making its way to mine anyway. I hope he didn't think I wasn't holding his for a bad purpose, but I don't think he would think of it that way, but at least he's seeking some comfort from me. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

The gates to Cormac Camp finally came into view after the drive from the court. I knew that once we are out of the car, everyone will be crowding around and calling out names to him, but what they don't know yet, is that he is innocent. Maybe they will keep their big mouths shut when they realise, 'hey, maybe he is innocent if he's back?' But they are all probably too dumb for that. The only people who will realise what's happened is Addie and Riley, who will be very glad to hear the news. 

We pull up out the front, on the other side of the office where no kids are. Once we've stopped, I let go of Josh's hand as he opens the door to get out, I follow and shut the door.