Chapter 16

I walked back to the house, I could see on her face a smirk that could only make me smile. She was just too adorable. I felt warm inside, my wolf was radiating confidence and pride. But the question hit me again, what would Ciara think? Or more importantly, what would she do?Dissociative identity disorder has run in our family for generations, my great great great grandfather was the last to have it and I suppose it finally came through to Ciara. Of course whether it being genetic or not, she would have probably developed it due to our father. I stopped thinking of Ciara as I approached my office door. I took a deep breath and confidently stepped inside to find my mate facing away from me sitting in one of the leather chairs, which ironically Ciara picked out. I sat at my desk and looked at my mate who was glaring into my eyes. "So As," I paused as I saw her narrow her eyes at me. "I see you tried to run away." For some reason I felt I needed an apology. True her escape attempt hurt my feelings but if I thought about it she is in a strange place and was probably afraid. When she looked away my heart skipped a beat and my wolf became anxious. I stood and and walked so I was right beside her. When she didn't acknowledge me my wolf took over. I grabbed her chin and forced her to look at me, "Well?" Even though I disagreed with my wolfs tactics I wanted an answer, "I have homework that needs doing." She answered, when her cheeks turned red I wanted to kiss her. She didn't notice when I glanced at her lips. Just then my wolf spoke without my consent, "I don't care if your grandmother dies, you can't leave here. At this I let go of her chin and made my way to the window. Why did I say that!? "You will stay as long as I say." I am having a serious talk with my wolf after this.. I heard her stand from her chair as I said this. "I don't think so pal." She tried for an intimidating voice, but at this point every word that came out of her mouth was adorable. Of course my wolf was still in control, "What?" He questioned her. He was also intimidating but I knew he would never hurt her. "If you think I'm going to give up my life to live in some stupid house away from my family and friends then you're sadly mistaken." I could see tears welling up in her eyes and I desperately wanted to hug her and tell her everything would be alright. I did think about her life I truly did. But what else could I have done? If only Damon hadn't screwed everything up. "You will do as I say." I walked towards her as a tear slipped down her face and tore my inside apart. "Over my cold dead body." She murmured. Now I knew why my wolf had done this, despite the importance of first impressions he wanted to test her, understand her. Learn how strong she is as a human. I ordered my guards to take her back to her room and stay guard. I knew that in the process of her escape someone had reinforced her room so I wouldn't have to worry about her hurting herself while trying to climb out the window or something. I gave her several minutes to calm down. This time also gave me a chance to think about what I will say to Ciara. She could either be extremely excited about my mate or she will want to kill her. If thats the case what will I do? I would have to make Ciara leave my pack. Just as I was about to enter her room I heard a thump, worried I opened the door to find her holding her foot. Chuckling I realized she kicked the bed. "What?" I could tell she was trying to growl, and I smirked at how cute she looked when mad. When I started to walk towards her I could tell she was suppressing a blush. I reached and touched her cheek in affection, she tried to punch me but I grabbed her hand, she tried to slap my hand away but I grabbed it too. I backed her up against the wall so she couldn't move. I could feel my wolf taking over but I didn't want it to test her again. 'Don't.' I said to my wolf. 'If you challenge her again she might never trust us again.' "What do you think you're doing?" She hissed at me. And that was when my wolf took over, "You understand no one will ever love you." She snapped her head up, I could tell I hit a soft spot. 'Stop it! Your going to hurt her!' But my wolf wasn't listening. "What?" She asked in a whisper. I could feel my smirk grow, I wasn't in control of it. "Look at you; do you think anyone would love that?" I shifted my eyes to her body. I could see the tears swelling up in her eyes. This wasn't the first time someone has hurt her with these words. "That's not true!" At first she struggled but then I just let her go. She moved away from me, immediately I wanted to embrace her, comfort her, tell her I love her. "What do you mean it isn't true? Who could love you? Who would want you?" These words tore me apart. I wanted to scream at myself. Where is a mirror? I need to give myself some serious glare time! "Wait, then why am I here? Why did you do all this?" She looked confused. "And where is Damon?" My smile dropped at the mention of Damon's name. "What about him?" my voice was gruff and angry, I could feel my wolf become possessive and jealous. Does she like Damon? "When I tried to get away from this place I saw his car out front. Where is he, what did you do with him?" She does like him. Where was Damon? I haven't even seem him since he dropped off Ash. I walked away from her towards the bed. "Who do you think brought you here?" "What the hell are you talking about? He dropped me off at schoo-" She stopped. I could see the wheels turning in her head. 

I explained what had happened with Damon. She started to cry. My wolf let me back into my body, I wiped the tears off of her face, "That's-I-Thats not what I meant!! The only person that's aloud to love you is me!" I started to gently shake her. Just then she spat in my eye. "AHH!" She ran away from me I yelled after her but she obviously ignored me. I took a couple minutes to wipe the spit from my eye but soon chased after her. I heard her yell from Damon's room. When I entered his room she was tied to a chair. "Thank you Damon for all your work." My wolf was out now and he was more angry than ever. He saw Damon as a threat. I grabbed her chin and forced her to look at me, "You will never do that again." I studied her face, "What do you want with me? I don't have any money all I have is my family. I don't want to be here." she started to cry again, but this time she was crying from her soul. Despite this realization my wolf showed her his cruel side, "Aww look, my little mate's crying. Isn't she cute?" I hate myself. "Well, actually, not so little after all." My wolf chuckled 'How dare you! What are you trying to prove with all this?' "Archer, you don't have to be so cruel." Thats when I slapped him. My child hood friend. I slapped him. "You do not tell me what to do. You do not tell me how to treat my mate, and you do not make your own decisions. Understand?" Damon skulked out of his room and I was more angry at my wolf than ever. "I will make something out of you, I promise." 'Now what are you talking about?' my wolf wasn't making sense. She started to wriggle, struggling to get out of the chair. "I suppose for starters I will let you sit there and wait." I started to walk away. 'What are you doing? You can't leave our mate here!' "Wait? Wait for what?" I heard my mate call after me. I turned around to face her. "Until you are worthy of me." With that I left the room. I walked down stairs to find my sister in the living room. I walked up to-er-My wolf walked up to her. "Hey Archer, how's it going?" Ciara said seductively. Something has always been wrong with my sister, maybe much more than just a disorder. "I have found my mate." He said bluntly. There was a long pause. Her eyes wide she backed away. "I can't believe- I mean-Where is she?" For a moment I thought I saw a sly look cross her face. "She is in the spare room. I have to leave for several weeks. I want you to take care of her. Try to convince her to at least give me a try. Be her friend. I want her to feel welcome." "Of course. She will love you." With this she smiled at me. "We will become the best of friends!" She gave me one of her grins and and ran up stairs to greet my mate.

Now to find Damon.