Chapter 12

So I need some suggestions as to where to go with the story. Anyones thoughts would be great.

I opened my eyes to a blinding light. For a moment I thought I was dead, maybe that would have been better. After a few minutes of adjusting my eyes to the light I rolled over and found that one of my rib bones felt either broken or fractured. I carefully sat up in bed and collapsed into the massive mound of pillows behind me. I just closed my eyes to rest my body when I heard a door open and someone sit beside me on the bed. "Ash?" I opened my eyes to find a very worried looking Jack. "Ash, we found you in the woods broken and battered. Why did you try to run away?" "Why are you trying to starve me to death? Why am I here? Why do you people insist on ruining my life?" Jack got up from the bed and started pacing around the room. "I'm sorry! I never meant it to go this far! I told Archer I would find his mate and then we found you and I never thought he would imprint! It was actually a joke! And I'm so sorry! I am so sorry!" "What the hell are you talking about?" I muttered becoming more and more frustrated by his lack of specific details. "When you get better I will tell you everything, with or without Archers consent." And with that he left the room, leaving me alone and confused once again.

For the next couple days Ciara fed me (for once) and helped me become healthier. I was able to get out of bed and move around my room soon after. "Oh, you're up again." Ciara was standing at the door with a tray full of fruit. I didn't turn to look at her. Jack hadn't been to see me since the last time we spoke and I was starting to suspect he was silenced. "What's your favourite type of fruit?" I finally acknowledged her existence with a meaningless question. "I don't have one, I don't like fruit." I could tell she was sitting on the bed I was provided. "You don't like fruit?" I turned to her at this, "so what do you like?" she got up off the bed and came towards me. I watched her carefully as she looked out the window. It was a long while before she started to talk again. "Meat." She stated bluntly. "Meat?" I answered back, "don't turn vague on me now. What kind?" I was starting to get irritated. At this she turned to me, she was studying me as if she could only give me one to get the reaction she wanted. "Just simple, raw, juicy meat."