Chapter 22

*Ciaras Pov*

Ciara tried to open her eyes but was met with a blinding light. "Damn it." She shied her face away from the open window to focus. Blinking the room into view she noticed her arms were chained above her head, her hands numb from lack of circulation. Ciara was trapped in a cold, damp, small room. She faced an open window that pored blinding light into the tiny window, directly in front of her. "That can't be the moon. Double damn it." The door on Ciara's left opened to reveal Minerva, looking slightly amused at the state of Ciara. "you look a little...strung out Ciara. Anything I can do to help?" Minerva chuckled to herself as she closed the door, leaning on the wall under the window she glared at Ciara, which Ciara returned twice as harshly.

"What do you want vampire scum?" Ciara spat defiantly. "Wow, chained up like a mutt, at my mercy, and you still can't find any manners. How impudent." Ciara tried to open the mind link to contact her pack but found it blocked. "Why can't I open the mind link?!" Ciara demanded, Minerva peered at Ciara, partly amused, and slightly surprised. "I didn't think it would work this well." Minerva pulled out a bundle of flowers and herbs from her pocket, "This is wolves bane and coco leaves. Stops your senses, including your mind link apparently. Never had to use it until now." Minerva placed the bundle by her feet, showing the intention to leave it with Ciara clearly. Ciara growled, "How dare you." 

Minerva sighed, "Well, this will be no fun." Ciara flinched, what did that mean? Minerva pulled a silver knife from her arm band and slowly advanced towards Ciara. "Do you remember a small vampire child? She was beautiful, a few years ago you killed her." Ciara grunted, faintly remembering torturing a young vampire girl. "She was my daughter. Though I suppose you don't care about that." Ciara huffed, "I didnt kill her, I tortured her sure. I disembowelled her, removed her eyes, her fingernails, and her teeth. She's the one that let life slip away from her. That wasnt my fault." "She was just a baby." Minerva's emotions were showing, tears started to dribble down her cheeks. "Im going to make you pay. For every moment of pain she suffered with, I will make you pay tenfold." And with that she raised her silver knife.

*Ash's Pov*

Archer was standing before me, Lonnie looked between us. "Well," Lonnie began raising an eyebrow, "I've got to pee." and before I could protest she strolled out of the kitchen, leaving Archer staring at me and my pizza dough covered hands. "Im making pizza." I said bluntly, mentally slapping myself. Archer let out what sounded like a sigh of relief, "Oh thank god, I thought you were trying to make ice cream and were royally screwing it up." Archer chuckled to himself, and I stifled my own giggle,"The only royal screw up around here is you." My response shocked me, normally I would hide under my hair, but since I didn't have that anymore, I guess sarcastic/ rude answers would have to do. Archer only grinned and moved closer to me, placing one hand on my cheek and the other around my waist, my breath caught in my throat. Honestly I swear to god I only glanced at his lips for a nano second, but Archer caught it, and moved on it.