Chapter 25

*Ash's Pov*

I walked into my room and closed the door, still shocked with what just happened. I knew Archer was concerned about my relationship with Damon, but did he really need to be so aggressive right in front of him? I'm not mad, should I be mad? Okay yeah I'm pissed. I angrily look out the window to see clear skies. Fuck you weather for not sympathizing with me. I turned around at a knock at the door. Archer stood sheepishly with a platter covered by a silver dome, it smelt like slightly burnt pizza.

"I know your mad, and that what I did was wrong and childish. So I cooked your pizza for you, er, I extra cooked your pizza because I'm extra sorry." Archer lifted the dome to reveal a pizza with burnt edging. "You're right," I said trying to hold back a blush, "you are extra." Archer grimaced as he placed the pizza on the table near the foot of my bed. He took a step towards me, "no." I said, taking a step back. Archer stopped, he looked at the floor, nervous for the words I would say next. "I'm really confused." I blurted, "I really like you, I think it's probably a beauty and the beast thing-" "It's not Stockholm Syndrome" he interrupted me. "Shut up and listen for once in your life!" He stood frozen. "This is what I'm saying! You take what you want not caring for what other people want or need around you! I was in my last year of high school for Christ's sake! You took me away from my life, my family, my future. You expect me to just adjust and like everyone in your family but you don't respect me enough to even give mine a chance. You want me to accept everything you do is in my best interest but you haven't taken the time to get to know me. You use me to get back at others. You are selfish."

He stood there silently, looking at the floor like a child who just got in trouble. This only fed the fire growing inside me, "And by the way, fuck you for thinking you can change me for your standards. Your crazy sister almost killed me with that stupid diet fiasco. I don't belong here!" "Why? Why do you always say that? Have you even considered that you do belong here?" "because, because you're a werewolf." I said bluntly, now it was my turn to look at the floor. "What? Did Damon tell you? Or Jack?" He was livid. I could see the gains swelling in his arms as he clenched his fists. "Neither." I half lied. "I'm pretty smart, believe it or not. Is that why when I first met you you would be all nice to me and then turn around and be a total dick?" "Okay." Archer sighed, "I-yeah-I am a werewolf. You caught me." He let out a nervous laugh to relive the tension but I wasn't about to let it go. "I acted like that because I am the alpha of this pack. This entire house has members of my pack. When a werewolf, sorry this is hard to explain." He sat on the bed and patted the seat next to him, pleading for me to sit down. I took the chair by the wall across from him. He looked disappointed. "Okay, when a werewolf turns 18 they are meant to find their mate within the year. If they leave it for too long, even two years they will start to separate from their identity. Instead of being one, the man and the wolf become two separate identities. That's what started happening to me. My wolf became cold, he was still excited to meet you, but it wasn't the same. We needed you to accept us as your mate, I don't act the way I did because we are joined once again." "But I haven't accepted you as my mate." I said bluntly. 

*Archers Pov*

That hurt like hell. I tried to regain myself, "You don't need to make a Facebook status to show real love. You love me, I feel it. My wolf wouldn't have reconnected with me otherwise." She sighed, "Okay," she began, "I can accept that you're a werewolf, surprisingly. Let's drop the mate thing for now. It's confusing and a bit too cliche for me right now." I smiled at that, she was right, werewolves are cliche romantics at heart. "I'm going to ask you questions and you are going to answer them." "Fine." "Where is Jack? I haven't seen him for a few days." I was a little annoyed at her concern for him, but since she will be apart of the family I guess it's alright for her to feel concern for them. At this thought I smiled to myself, 'apart of my family' had a nice simple ring to it. "He was looking for Damon. He isn't back yet, actually I should shoot him a message to get him home." I blushed at my inconsiderate behaviour. To be honest I kind of forgot about my brother. "That leads us to my next question. Where was Damon?" At this I became a little angry, only because he kissed her. OH MY GOD HE KISSED HER! "HOW," okay calm down, Ash winced a little bit at my intensity. Deep breath, "how about we make a deal," she looked at me cautiously, "You ask a question and I ask a question, how about that?" She sighed but nodded. "Okay, what is your... relationship... with Damon?" "we kissed, I was stressed, he was stressed, get over it." "So kissing means nothing to you." Wow, if I didn't look like a defensive little bitch I certainly did now. "The kiss him and I had did mean something," she held up her hand to signal for me not to pounce on this, "It meant comfort and support. So in the situation I was in, yes it was meaningful." I peered at her, her eyes were kind and soft. "Damon was conspiring with vampires about a peace treaty. I don't really know what to do because that vampire clan in particular is the most dangerous, they are call the Bloodlust Clan. I haven't seen their queen but apparently she is really nice-ish. They also kidnapped Ciara and are now holding her prisoner, not to use her against me but because she committed heinous crimes against their species. I don't really know how to feel about this because I understand she should be punished, but she's also my sister. an imperfect sister, but my sister non the less. You know?" It was my turn to be finished my rant. Ash looked at me stunned. She stood up and for a moment I thought she was going to leave the room, but she surprised me yet again. She picked up the plate with the pizza I destroyed and took a slice. "Want one?" She offered me. I took a slice, bit into it, and felt the happiest I could feel at that moment. She sat beside me on the bed and started to laugh. I realized she was laughing at the burnt crust. I started to laugh out of embarrassment. But there we were, almost friends, laughing together. I knew she still had reservations about me, and I still had a lot to learn about her. We had a long way to go, and the fact that our destination was even a prospect brought joy to my soul. What a most magnificent feeling. 

Authors note,

Thank you for reading.