Chapter 21

*Unknown pov*

I looked out my palace window to see the werewolf Damon and my guard Minerva. She was carrying what looked like a girl over her shoulder. I chuckled to myself, the werewolf probably spent half an hour convincing Minerva that he should carry the body. I noted to myself to appreciate our equality among the vampire sexes. Female vampires and male vampires are equally as strong physically, mentally and emotionally. 

Minerva spotted me starring out my window and I gave her a small wave. "Madam, the werewolf boy and Minerva are requesting entrance to the palace." I turned to the guard standing at the door, "Yes, let them in. Make sure all three of them are in the thrown room." He bowed and left the room. I walked over to my dresser and picked up a silk scarf. Tying my long black hair in a bun I left my bedroom.

*Damons pov*

We walked into the thrown room, it was magnificent, but after seeing it several times over, arguing in it, and occasionally being thrown out of it, it was starting to lose its shine. The walls seemed as though they were made out of pure gold, deep red curtains hung from the huge windows that shawn light into every crevice there could possibly be. It was almost night and the sunlight was changing to moon light, but this realm was different. The moon was a s bright as the sun, and vampires ruled the land here.

The queen of the Bloodlust clan was waiting on her thrown for us. I helped Minerva set Ciara on midnight floor. "Well, isn't this a surprise. Damon of the werewolves has graced us with his presence... again." Unlike what the werewolves would like to believe, the queen was actually very trustworthy and understanding. She didn't want to unite with the werewolves because she believed that her people needed time to trust them. She also did not want to sign a treaty in case the werewolves wanted to use her army for wars. "I came back to ask for your help, your majesty. My pack has picked up my activity with your clan and has turned against me." At this she raised an eyebrow, "Turned against you? Or miscommunicated with you?" I gave her a strange look that revealed my confusion, "What I mean is Damon that I have lived a very long life and realize when a person, such as yourself, has not fully told his his information to the people around him." She stood and walked towards me. "You should go back and talk to your Alpha. Tell him of me. Maybe bring him here. We can speak together." She turned towards Ciara, who was starting to stir awake on the floor. 

The vampire queen placed a hand on Ciara's forehead, she fell asleep again. The queen stood up and gave me a dirty look. "Do all werewolves have such treacherous thoughts?" All I could do was smile at her and raise my shoulders in honest 'I truly hope not' gesture.