Chapter 20

*Damons pov*

I could smell Ash's scent on my lips from when I kissed her. She had the sweetest smell I could have imagined, it was a mix of sugar and flowers and just bliss. Archer didn't deserve her. I stopped mid stride in the forest path and shook the treacherous thought out of my head. I was starting to think like Ciara. A cold shiver ran down my spin as I thought of the Alphas sister. She was beautiful, and from a distance sweet looking. But everyone knew that the closer you came to her you could see something in her eyes, something that no creature should have. Another chill ran its course before I continued walking again.

Ciara was the odd one in the family, the middle child. At first she always strode for her parents approval, but after her father, she turned her attention on her older brother. 'UGH!" The thought of her complicated family was driving me insane. 

I stopped where I was again, but this time something was in the distance coming closer. I hid in the bushes behind me and saw Ciara step out of the darkness. 'What?' I thought, 'Wasn't Ciara locked in her room?' Ahh wait, the window. Archer always forgot the window. "Come on out Damon." Ciara said in a husky voice. "I know your out there, I can smell you. And if I'm not mistaken," At this she took a wiff of the air, "I can faintly smell her too. You wouldn't be playing around with my brothers soulmate, now would you?" I sighed for what seemed like the billionth time today and stepped out of my hiding spot.

Coming face to face with Ciara is one of the strangest sensations a pack member can have. She is strong and a leader so you feel safe and protected, but at the same time you can feel a menacing air about her that makes you want to stay away, and ALWAYS keep and eye on her. She leaned up and smelled my lips, "mhmm I was right, you did kiss her." She started to circle me. "What do you have to say for yourself Damon? Hmm?" I turned to her, keeping eye contact. "I wish I could say I'm sorry, but I just-" Ciara put a finger on my lips to silence me. "Listen I know you," She paused and made a bewildered face, "like this girl. And you know I," She took her finger away and slowly licked it, "like Archer."

It took every once of my being not to vomit at her actions and words. "How about we make a deal? If you help me to get Archer, then you will get Ash." Eww hell no, "Thats a very kin- err thats an interesting gesture, but I don't think. I mean, I don't really, I mean." She was annoyed with me at this point, "Come on Damon, I know you've been conspiring with the vampires, and not the good kind. All I have to do is mark myself up." At this she took her long claw like nail and traced it along her arm, "And tell Archer that I followed you to where you were headed and you attacked me." At this she grabbed my shirt and ripped a bit off before I could stop her. "Who is he more likely to believe, his little brothers best friend or his loving and caring sister?" I snorted, "not so loving with Ash though were you? And the caring? Well just looking at the job you did on her we can see how much caring you have in you."

Her face briefly contorted in rage, but she closed her eyes and calmed herself down. I made it a mental note to never provoke that kind of look from her again. "Why are you with the vampires?" Before I could answer her a dart flew out from the shadow of a nearby tree and struck her in the shoulder. She looked down at it for a second and then gave me a confused and betrayed look before she passed out. It was only when her head hit the ground that the thought of catching her drifted into my mind, but as soon as it came it sprung back out.

I turned to the familiar person hiding in the shadows and gave them a warm handshake, we both turned and looked at Ciara's resting body, considering what we should do with it.

A/N Vote and comment!