Im not ready

Alex's P.O.V
I held the cold hand of my little brave brother.

'It's going to be fine Tom.' I whispered through my tears.

'Alex, I just want to say thank you so much for everything you'd done for me.' His little voice getting weaker. He sounded out of breath. But I knew what he was trying to do.

'No Tom, don't do this. Don't say your goodbyes.' I held tighter onto his hand. I say beside him and began to stroke his hair.

'Alex, it's okay to let go. I think it's time.' He smiled through the oxygen mask strapped to his face.

Suddenly the door burst open and stood there was Noah. His face was ghost white and dripping with water.

'Alex.' He ran over to me and hugged me. I couldn't stop anything now I just let the tears flow down my face.

'Hey buddy, how you doing?' Noah crouched down beside Tom on the other side of the bed.

'Look after Alex please, she deserves a better life.'

'Of course I will Tom, I won't let you down.' Noah grabbed tom's other hand and held it tight. He looked up at me with bloodshot eyes.

'You'll never guess what..' Tom took a deep breath.

'I finished all the Harry Potter books you bought me Noah.' I felt tears forming in my eyes again. I heard Noah gulp, I could tell he was trying to be brave for Tom and I.

'That's brilliant Tom, did you enjoy them?' Noah's voice began to get sketchy.

'I.... I loved them. Thanks...' His breath getting shorter by every word he speaks.

'Alex, I love you.' Tom tried to sit up but his energy just gave in and ended up lying back down again. I stood up from my seat and lay down next to him. My head next to his. Noah was the other side of Tom.

'I love you so much Tom, you are the bravest boy I've....' I couldn't continue my voice choking with the tears.

'It's okay....' He began.

'Just remember that I'll always be with you and we will be reunited soon.' I felt the grip of his hand on mine get looser.

'No please not yet, I'm not ready.' I sat up and shouted.

'Tom please don't go yet, not yet!' The tears now pouring from my eyes.

'I.... I love you.' His last breath.

*beeeeeeeeeeeeeep*