Chapter 2

Emily's POV

I woke up today to morning sickness, as usual.

Getting up around 8am, after mom had left for work, and throwing up was my new routine.

I was now sitting in biology, and my stomach was churning.

I felt like I was going to throw up again.

I don't know why they called it 'morning sickness'.

I felt sick every second of the day.

"Can I go to the toilet, please?" I asked the teacher, and she nodded.

I grabbed my bag and rushed out, needing some fresh air.

I wondered to the back of the science building, where nobody ever went.

I dropped my bag to the cement floor, and sat down, leaning against the brick wall for support.

My head tipped back, and I closed my eyes. Why did the condom not work? Did I want to keep the baby? Do I need to go to the doctors? How do I tell Mom? How do I tell Austin? If I choose to keep the baby, how am I going to support it? The thoughts rushing through my brain was making me sicker and giving me a headache.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" A voice asked.

Fuck my life.

I squinted my eyes, looking at his figure standing to the left of me.

"Get lost."

"That's no way to talk to a friend, Princess." He smirked, looking down at me.

I took a second to observe him.

He was wearing a black hoodie, dark wash skinny jeans and Jordan's.

He looked good.

"You're not my friend."

I physically shook the thoughts away from my head.

"Whoa, Princess. Don't go crazy on me, I don't deal with that shit."

"Don't call me that." I snarled, standing up and grabbing my bag.

I started to walk away from the ignorant douchebag, not wanting to spend a second longer with him.

He did get me pregnant.

Austin grabbed my arm before I could get too far.

"You didn't mind me calling it you two months ago." He said lowly, speaking into my ear.

"Fuck you." I growled, pulling my arm away.

"You already have, we can do it again if you want to. My place or yours? Or right here?" He grinned, showing his perfect teeth.

I wanted to scream at him and tell him I was carrying his child, but I refrained.

Instead, I looked him dead in the eyes.

"In your dreams, asshole." And with that, I simply walked away.

I left a stunned Austin behind.

I walked back into science class with a shit eating grin on my face.

~~~

"I spoke to Austin earlier." I said quietly, picking a blade of grass and running it between my fingers.

Taylor and I were sat outside under a large tree, letting it shield us from the sun.

Normally, we'd sit in the cafeteria for lunch, but the smell of the greasy food was making my morning sickness worse.

"Yeah? What did he say when you told him about baby Mahone?" She asked, filing her nails.

"Oh no, I didn't say anything about that. He cornered me behind the science building. I basically flipped out on him."

"You can't go shouting at him, Emily. He's the father of your child. You can't keep it from him forever."

"Yes I can, he's an asshole." I muttered.

"Who's an asshole?"

Taylor and I jumped when two figures appeared from behind us.

Can you guess who it was?