Chapter 52

Emily's POV

"Emily!" Austin exclaimed, running to my side.

"It's about god damn time, you jackass!" I yelled at him. "I'm sitting here in pain while you're singing at a concert!"

"I didn't know you went in labor! I would've been here right away if I had!" He exclaimed. "Just breathe, Emily."

"I don't want to breathe!" I snapped. "I want someone to knock me out!"

"Think of happy things." Taylor suggested.

"Happy?" I growled, causing them to recoil and back away from me. "Happy?! I can't think happy things right now!" I looked at Austin. "Just so we're clear, you are never touching me again, or I'll curse you all the way to hell!"

The three of them looked at each other, all with scared looks on their faces.

"We'll just leave you two here, we're not supposed to be in here now," Alex said quickly. "Come on, Taylor."

My best friend looked at me. "You'll be okay, Emily. We'll see you later."

"Sure." I gasped. They quickly left the room, leaving me and Austin alone.

"Oh god." I moaned loudly, as another contraction hit. I grabbed Austin's hand and probably broke every finger in his hand, but he didn't say anything, just kept saying soothing things and brushing my hair out of my face.

"Where the hell is the doctor?" I yelled.

As if on cue, Dr. Taylor hurried in. "How you doing, Emily?"

"Just peachy," I told her sarcastically. "Where are the drugs?"

"Let's just see how far along you are now," she said. She prodded around again and announced, "You're almost there, just a bit more! The contractions are going to be more frequent now, unfortunately." She finally gave me the drugs to ease the pain, and then left again.

"You can do this, Emily, I know you can." Austin told me softly.

"I can't, Austin," I cried. "It hurts so much!"

"Yes you can," He said. "Just hang in there."

I smacked him. "Shut up!"

"Well that didn't hurt anymore than you crushing my fingers did." He muttered, rubbing his cheek.

When my next contraction came, it was a big one, and I actually yelped as I clutched my stomach.

"Oh god, I hate seeing you like this." Austin told me, running a hand through his hair.

"Unfortunately you don't have a choice, so-" I stopped and moaned again, sitting up as much as I could.

I spent four more hours in labor, and by then, I was ready to kill everyone. After what seemed like an eternity in labor, the doctor said, "Alright, Emily, you're ready to push!"

"Thank god." I exclaimed as she put her gloves on, her helpers all ready.

"On three, I want you to push down as hard as you can. Hold it for about ten seconds, alright, honey?"

I nodded quickly, breathing heavily, and grabbed Austin's hand again.

"Okay, one, two, three, and push, Emily!"

I gave it my all, and held it before gasping and lying back again.

"Again, Emily, and push push push hard!" Dr. Taylor said. "You're doing awesome!"

"Kill me now." I moaned before pushing with all my might again.

"You're doing great, Emily, come on," Austin said. "You can do it."

"Can someone slap him for me?" I yelled.

The doctor just grinned. "I can see the head, Emily, two more hard pushes and this baby will be out. Ready, and push!"

I pushed, and relaxed as much as I could with a baby half inside me, and when Dr. Taylor told me to give one last push, I used all the strength I had left in my body and pushed like it was my job.

Suddenly, the room was filled with baby cries and I flopped onto my back in exhaustion.

"It's a girl!" Dr. Taylor said happily as she cut the umbilical cord. She wrapped the baby and set it on my chest.

I burst into tears as I looked down at the little infant squirming and crying. "Austin, just look at her!"

His eyes pooled with tears as he stared down at our baby, and he kissed me softly. "She's perfect, Emily. You did great." He smiled.

Dr. Taylor scooped her up and went to clean her off. Austin brushed my hair back from my sweaty forehead. "I love you. So much."

"I love you, too." I said and he kissed me again.

Dr. Taylor brought the baby back after a few minutes all wrapped nicely in a pink blanket with a pink hat, and laid her in my arms. I carefully pulled the blanket away from her little face, and she yawned before opening her eyes. They were a green with a little bit of hazel, but I knew that they'd darker over time, seeing as how Austin and I both had hazel eyes.

I started crying again, still not believing I was holding a baby in my arms. Mine and Austin's baby.

"Have you kids got a name yet?" The doctor asked.

I nodded and looked at Austin, who smiled down at the baby. "Lucy Carter Mahone."

"That's a beautiful name." The doctor smiled before standing up. "Well, she's in perfect health and she's a good size for a newborn baby. Seven pounds, ten ounces. I'll let you guys have some time with her while I go fill out some papers." She waved and left the room.

"So, what's the date today?" I asked, wiping my eyes.

"March 12th." Austin said.

"March 12th." I repeated. "Well, Lucy, looks like March 12th is now your birthday," I looked up at my boyfriend. "Do you want to hold her?"

He looked nervous. "What if I hurt her? She's so tiny."

"Oh, don't be ridiculous," I said. "It's your daughter, you'll be fine. Come on, she wants to see her daddy, too." I patted the spot beside me on the bed with one hand, and he slowly sat down beside me.

"Here, just hold her like I am, with your arms like this." I instructed carefully. "Ready?"

He nodded slowly. "Yeah." He exhaled.

I scooted closer and gently handed her to Austin, setting her in his arms. "There! See? You're a natural!"

He laughed in shock as Lucy reached out to grab one of his fingers, staring up at him curiously. "She's absolutely beautiful. I can't believe she's ours." His eyes filled with tears again, and one slid down his cheek. He leaned down and kissed Lucy's forehead softly before starting to full out cry into his arm.

"Awe, Austin." I said softly as I rested my head on his shoulder. I hated seeing people cry, especially Austin. So, naturally, I cried again. For the third time.

He wiped his eyes. "Now we're a family."

I looked up at him and gave him a watery smile. In return, he wrapped his arm around me and pulled me in for a hug, Lucy in between us.

I reached out and stroked her cheek, whispering, "Welcome to our crazy life, Lucy Mahone."

Awwwww baby Mahone came! Who's excited about Lucy? Do you guys like the name? What do you think is going to happen next?