Chapter 23

Emily's POV

A small shape that resembled a broad bean was nestled in a black area, and you could see the fluttering of their tiny heartbeat.

It was an unbelievable sight.

I couldn't believe that was growing inside me.

Austin squeezed my hand and I peered up at him, he smiled slightly and moved down to a press another kiss to my forehead.

"You look about twelve weeks, and that should put the date of delivery around early May." He informed us, still smiling.

You could tell that his job made him very happy.

"Would you like a few pictures?"

"Yes, please." Austin replied before I could.

"Very well." He replied, shutting the machine off and helping me clean the goo off my tummy.

"You can get changed now, Emily. I'll be back shortly with a folder and some pictures."

He left the room again, and I pulled my clothes on, making Austin look away again.

We sat there in silence again, just glancing around the room, observing the posters on the wall.

"Here we go, mommy and daddy." Dr. Thames announced, coming back into the room.

I inwardly cringed at the name and I felt Austin tense next to me.

He handed him some scan pictures, and gave me a folder with some information in.

"So, have you both thought about your options? I know that you're both very young, and may not be able to support a baby right now." I sighed at his words, hearing Austin grit his teeth.

Here we go.

"We've decided on adoption, we can't support a baby, not as teenagers, we aren't even a couple." I told him, and he nodded in understanding.

"Do I still not get a say in this?" Austin chuckled humorlessly, adjusting the hat on his head as he clutched the pictures tightly.

"Don't even start, we'll talk privately." I glared at him, and he rolled his eyes like a child.

I wanted nothing more than to punch him after embarrassing me like that.

"There are some flyers and pamphlets in your folder, Emily. I'll phone you with an appointment for your next scan, and you'll probably have to get blood taken. You're both free to leave, if you have any problems, don't hesitate to phone. Remember to take it easy, stress is the last thing your baby needs to feel." He said, coughing at the tension in the room.

"Thank you." I politely said, waving as we walked out the room.

Once we left the building was when the fun started.

"You can't still tell me you want to give him up for adoption now." Austin spoke.

I ignored him as I walked towards his car, climbing in and slamming the door just to piss him off.

"Don't ignore me when you know I'm right, Emily." He said as he climbed in the vehicle too, shutting the door carefully and clipping in his seatbelt.

"When are you going to grow up and realize we're not stable enough to raise a child?" I snapped, finally letting all my patience go.

"It's not natural."

"What isn't?"

"Giving up a baby to a couple of strangers! If they can't have kids, then that's their problem! There's no way I'm allowing you to give my son or daughter away to people we don't know." He yelled as he reversed out of the parking space.

"Oh yeah? Watch me! This is my body and I've told you that I've made my mind up! We're just kids ourselves, Austin! Last time I checked, all you had to do was cum inside me. I'm the one who has to carry this mistake around inside of me for the next seven months! I'm the one who has to deal with all the rude comments about how I should have kept my legs closed! Not you!" I shouted back at him, clenching my hands in fists.

"Fucking hell." He mumbled.

"What happened to supporting me?!"

"Stop shouting, it's not good for the baby." He muttered, ignoring my comments.

I groaned in annoyance, leaning back into the leather seat and resting a hand on my small bump.

These next few months are going to be torture, especially with that jackass protesting against my every decision.

Kill me.

Kill me now.